Public Safety LTE: A Global Assessment of Market Size, Technology, Vendor Trends and Spectrum Allocation 2013 - 2018
Published Date » 2013-01-15
No. Of Pages » 90
In times of disasters and emergency situations access to reliable, integrated communications and tactical information is absolutely critical. Unfortunately the ability to mount a coordinated inter-agency response to major threats is often hampered by the proliferation of divergent signaling standards and non-aligned spectrum planning.
Considered as the de-facto standard for Public Safety broadband communications, LTE is rapidly gaining momentum within the Public Safety industry. As a result Public Safety agencies, vendors and service provider are heavily investing in Public Safety LTE, with commercial deployments in both the North America and the Middle East region. While initial investments appear promising there still remain a number of key issues that need to be addressed such as frequency spectrum allocation, funding for private LTE network deployments, QoS prioritization of users in commercial networks, and interoperability with legacy Land Mobile Radio (LMR) systems such as APCO 25 and TETRA.
This report provides an in-depth of the global Public Safety LTE industry to address the aforementioned issues, in addition to providing a detail assessment of the technology, market size, and key trends within the Public Safety LTE industry.
The report covers the following topics:
- Global Spectrum Allocation for Public Safety LTE: A global assessment of spectrum allocation and funding for Public Safety LTE deployments, based on input from regional regulatory authorities.
- Global Public Safety LTE Market Size, Contracts & Trials: A global review of the worldwide Public Safety LTE market including assessment of revenue share by market segment (infrastructure sales, services, user device sales, etc), and a review of global contracts and trial engagements.
- RAN Sharing and Roaming: The term "RAN sharing" refers to sharing of actual eNodeBs. As part of this arrangement, each operator accesses the shared RAN with its own EPC. Vendors are also considering the implementation of Inter-PLMN handover (as opposed to roaming) and then for LTE Commercial carriers to deploy Policies for Service Level Agreements that include Priority Access (Access Class Barring, Preemption and ARP) and QoS/ QCI assignment for default and dedicated bearers. The report assesses in detail how many of vendors and commercial carriers will support RAN sharing, roaming and inter-PLMN handovers which will be key factors towards the adoption of commercial LTE RANs for Public Safety applications.
- Global QoS Requirements for Public Safety LTE Communications: A detailed assessment of global requirements for Priority access and High QoS for Public Safety subscribers, for shared commercial LTE networks, while they roam on to Commercial Networks.
- Public Safety LTE Devices and End User Applications: An assessment of device usability characteristics, Multi-Radio LTE/LMR interoperability technology, Software and Applications (VoLTE, PTT over LTE, IMS, IP).
- Vendor Trends and Roadmaps: A detailed assessment of solution portfolios and roadmaps for major infrastructure/ device vendors and system integrators
- LTE-Advanced Support for Heterogeneous Commercial/LMR Networks: In-depth assessment of the LTE Advanced standard and technologies and spectrum planning for Fixed/Nomadic based Pico Cells/Femto Cells and mobile base stations (e.g. LTE Cell on Wheels (CoW)) and proximity based services such as Direct Mode Operation (DMO) in LMR systems, which have broad implications for the adoption of Public Safety LTE services.
- LTE based Public Safety Tactical Systems and Military Applications: Detailed market assessment of LTE based Public Safety Tactical Systems such as CoW, Cell over Light Trucks (COLTs) and Military Applications for LTE.
- System Integrators
- Public Safety Agencies
- LMR Radio Manufacturers
- Cellular Network Operators
- Smartphone Manufacturers
- Public Safety Network Operators
- LMR Infrastructure Manufacturers
- Public Safety Application Developers
- Mobile Computing Equipment Manufacturers
- Cellular Network Infrastructure Manufacturers
Companies in Report:
- Abu Dhabi Police
- Alcatel Lucent
- Brazilian Army
- Harris Corporation
- Hong Kong Police
- IP Wireless (General Dynamics)
- Motorola Mobility
- Motorola Solutions
- Nokia Siemens Networks
- Oceus Networks
- Qatar Armed Forces
- Qatar MOI
- Sao Paulo Military Police Force
- TeleCommunication Systems (TCS)
- US Army
- US Department of Defense
- Verizon Wireless
- Between 2013 and 2018, the Public Safety LTE market will grow at a CAGR of 43 % accounting for over $ 10 Billion in revenue by 2018, up from $ 1.8 Billion in 2013.
- Operator service revenues will constitute a vast majority of the revenue, followed by managed services and integration, representing a lucrative opportunity for vendors and system integrators to build, own and operate Public Safety LTE networks.
- Europe will lag behind Middle East, Asia Pacific and Latin America in the early adoption of Public Safety LTE technology due to stringent spectrum regulation policies. The Middle East has already witnessed commercialization of the technology with an early deployment by the Qatar MOI.
Table of Contents:
1 Chapter 1: Introduction 6
1.1 Executive Summary 6
1.2 Topics Covered 7
1.3 Key Findings 9
1.4 Target Audience 10
1.5 Companies Mentioned 11
2 Chapter 2: Present Overview of the Public Safety LTE Market 13
2.1 The Business Case for Public Safety LTE 15
2.2 Commercial Availability of Public Safety LTE Devices 20
2.3 Public Safety LTE Deployments throughout the Globe 21
2.4 Public Safety LTE Market Size and Revenue Opportunities 23
2.4.1 Regional Segmentation and Market Share 25
2.4.2 Market Segmentation: Commercial vs Private Networks 26
2.4.3 Infrastructure Vendor Market Share & Revenue 29
2.4.4 Device Vendor Market Share & Revenue 31
3 Chapter 3: Public Safety LTE Technology 33
3.1 LTE RAN Technology (E-UTRAN) 34
3.2 EPC Technology 35
3.3 Public Safety Specific Entities for LTE Networks 38
3.4 QoS for Public Safety LTE Systems: Global Requirements and Solutions 39
3.5 Interoperability between Commercial and Private LTE Networks 40
3.6 Interoperability with APCO 25 and TETRA Systems 41
3.7 LTE Advanced Support for Heterogeneous Commercial and LMR Networks 42
3.8 Tactical Deployment Solutions for Public Safety LTE 43
3.9 Integration with Military Communication Systems 44
4 Chapter 4: Public Safety LTE Solutions, Devices and Applications 45
4.1 Public Safety LTE Devices & Vendor Roadmaps 45
4.2 Public Safety LTE Infrastructure Solutions & Vendor Roadmaps 48
4.3 Public Safety LTE Applications 49
5 Chapter 5: Spectrum Regulation and Funding Implications for Public Safety LTE 51
5.1 Global Spectrum Allocation for LTE Deployments 51
5.2 Regional Segmentation for Public Safety LTE Deployments 53
5.2.1 North America 54
5.2.2 Western Europe 55
5.2.3 Eastern Europe 56
5.2.4 Middle East & Africa 57
5.2.5 Asia Pacific 58
5.2.6 Latin & Central America 59
6 Chapter 6: Public Safety LTE Subscriptions and Market Size 2012 - 2018 60
6.1 Global Public Safety LTE Revenue and Market Share Forecasts 60
6.1.1 Global LTE Industry Revenues 60
6.1.2 Market Share by Industry Segment 62
6.1.3 Market Share by Region 64
6.1.4 Market Share by Vendor / Integrator / Service Provider 71
6.1.5 Global LTE Subscriptions 73
6.2 Regional Public Safety LTE Revenue and Market Share Forecasts 75
6.2.1 North America 76
6.2.2 Western Europe 78
6.2.3 Eastern Europe 80
6.2.4 Middle East & Africa 82
6.2.5 Asia Pacific 84
6.2.6 Latin & Central America 86
List of Tables
Table 1: Public Safety LTE Infrastructure Vendor Ranking Matrix 2013 - 2018 30
Table 2: Public Safety LTE Device Vendor Ranking Matrix 2013 - 2018 32
Table 3: Public Safety LTE Vendor / System Integrator Ranking Matrix 2013 - 2018 71
List of Figures
Figure 1: Public Safety LTE Market Size 2011 – 2018 (USD Millions) 23
Figure 2: Public Safety LTE Market Size by Region 2011 – 2018 (USD Millions) 25
Figure 3: Public Safety LTE Infrastructure Shipment Revenues 2011 - 2018: 29
Figure 4: Public Safety LTE Device Shipment Revenues 2011 - 2018: 31
Figure 5: LTE RAN Architecture 34
Figure 6: LTE EPC Architecture 37
Figure 7: Public Safety LTE Devices 46
Figure 8: Public Safety LTE Device Vendor Roadmap 47
Figure 9: Public Safety LTE Infrastructure Vendor Roadmap 48
Figure 10: Public Safety LTE Industry Revenues 2011 – 2018 (USD Millions) 61
Figure 11: Public Safety LTE Revenue by Service/Vendor Segment 2011 – 2018 Excluding Operator Service Revenue (USD Millions) 62
Figure 12: Public Safety LTE Operator Service Revenues 2011 – 2018 (USD Millions) 63
Figure 13: Public Safety LTE Regional Market Share 2012 64
Figure 14: Public Safety LTE Regional Market Share 2013 65
Figure 15: Public Safety LTE Regional Market Share 2014 66
Figure 16: Public Safety LTE Regional Market Share 2015 67
Figure 17: Public Safety LTE Regional Market Share 2018 68
Figure 18: Public Safety LTE Regional Market Share 2017 69
Figure 19: Public Safety LTE Regional Market Share 2018 70
Figure 20: Public Safety LTE Vendor / System Integrator Market Dominance Projection 2013 - 2018 72
Figure 21: Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 73
Figure 22: Traditional (Conventional & Trunked) LMR Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 74
Figure 23: Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions by Region 2011 - 2018 75
Figure 24: North America Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 76
Figure 25: North America Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions & Market Share by Country 2011 - 2018 77
Figure 26: Western Europe Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 78
Figure 27: Western Europe Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions & Market Share by Country 2011 - 2018 79
Figure 28: Eastern Europe Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 80
Figure 29: Eastern Europe Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions & Market Share by Country 2011 - 2018 81
Figure 30: Middle East & Africa Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 82
Figure 31: Middle East & Africa Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions & Market Share by Country 2011 - 2018 83
Figure 32: Asia Pacific Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 84
Figure 33: Asia Pacific Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions & Market Share by Country 2011 - 2018 85
Figure 34: Latin & Central America Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 86
Figure 35: Latin & Central America Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions & Market Share by Country 2011 - 2018 87
Figure 36: Public Safety Mobile Broadband Subscriptions by Technology (CDMA2000, WCDMA, LTE, WiMAX, Other) 2011 – 2018 (Millions) 88
Figure 37: Public Safety Mobile Broadband Service Revenue by Technology (CDMA2000, WCDMA, LTE, WiMAX, Other) 2011 – 2018 (USD Millions) 89
EPharmacies Market - Global Industry Size, Market Share, Trends, Analysis, And Forecasts 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
The global market for ePharmacies is projected to reach USD 51.75 billion by the end of 2017 owing to the increasing number of tech-savvy people and rising demand for prescription drugs. The ePharmacies meeting the regulatory standards set by the government and following ethical business practices are likely to emerge as safe, affordable, and accessible source of prescription drugs in the near future. The present scenario reflects higher penetration of the ePharmacy industry in developed countries as compared to the developing market. This is mainly because of the increasing use of...
Vitamin Fortified and Mineral Enriched Foods and Beverages Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
The growing awareness about following a healthy lifestyle is one of the major factors for the emergence of fortified foods and beverages. The fortified foods market consists of a wide range of product lines ranging from cereals to baby foods, making the market one of the most difficult ones to track and analyze with precision. The global market for vitamin fortified and mineral enriched foods and beverages is expected to grow at a double digit rate over the next six years. Some of the factors which are driving the market for vitamin fortified and mineral enriched...
CEA Testing Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) is a protein usually produced in the developing fetus and disappears or is absent in adults. Abnormal amounts of this protein may lead to cancer. CEA test is performed to measure the level of proteins and check for the recurrence of colon and other cancers in patients already diagnosed with cancer. The normal accepted range of this protein is 0 micrograms to 0.25 micrograms per liter. Elevated levels of CEA in the patients recently treated for cancer, indicates recurrence of the cancer. These elevated levels are attributed to...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
- Global And China Roots Blower Industry 2014 Deep Research Report
- Global and China Blood Pressure Monitors Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- India Paper Industry Outlook to FY 2018 - Steered by Industrialization and Literacy Levels
- Global and Brazil Interactive Whiteboard (IWB) Industry 2014 Deep Research Report
- Global and China Sleep Apnea Diagnostic Systems Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Fast Slow Indicator Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Fumed Silica Industry 2014 Deep Research Report
- Global and China Patient Diagnostic Systems Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global And China Motorcycle Industry 2014 Deep Research Report
- Global and China Expanded Localizer Industry 2014 Market Research Report
Microparticle Tags to Check Counterfeit Goods Invented
Apr 14, 2014
Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have invented a new set of microparticles that can easily be read by smartphones and establish the authenticity of currency, electronic items and luxury goods. This strategy is among those countless measures taken by big brands and companies to label their legitimate products in order to stop illegal copies of the...
USFDA Approves Lupins Generic Diabetic Drug
Apr 10, 2014
The United States Food and Drugs Administration (USFDA) has finally approved Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc (LPI), the American subsidiary of Indian drug manufacturers Lupin Ltd, to sell Pioglitazone Tablets in the U.S market. The approval has been granted first for fiscal 2015. Pioglitazone is a generic medicine used for managing diabetes and is a version of Actos tablets...
Infrared Sensors can Soon Be Used to Develop Night-Vision Lenses - A New Discovery Confirms
Apr 8, 2014
People who fear the dark may soon have a reason to rejoice – an infrared sensor that can eventually be used for mechanizing night-vision lenses has been developed. This effectively means that one can also see through dark with the help of these lenses. This technology seems possible all due to graphene, a layer of tightly packed carbon atoms that has allowed the creation of...
Ontarios thanks Sustainable Development Technology Canada for Clean Tech Ecosystem Movements
Apr 8, 2014
Sustainable Development Technology Canada has leveraged an extra $2.2 billion in funding from project partners that also includes global clean technology companies. Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is energizing and evolving the development and demonstration of a clean technology ecosystem. They are the vital contributors to the prominent concentration of clean...
A Simple Blood Test Could Predict the Risk of a Sudden Cardiac Death: Research
Apr 4, 2014
LONDON: A simple blood test can now predict the risk of a sudden cardiac death, a research initiated by a lifespan researcher, Samuel C Dudley - from the Cardiovascular Institute at Rhode Island U.S, has revealed. An early prediction of an ailing heart by the manes of only a simple blood test can hugely help physicists in saving a patient’s life. This can be done by using...