Public Safety LTE: A Global Assessment of Market Size, Technology, Vendor Trends and Spectrum Allocation 2013 - 2018
Published Date » 2013-01-15
No. Of Pages » 90
In times of disasters and emergency situations access to reliable, integrated communications and tactical information is absolutely critical. Unfortunately the ability to mount a coordinated inter-agency response to major threats is often hampered by the proliferation of divergent signaling standards and non-aligned spectrum planning.
Considered as the de-facto standard for Public Safety broadband communications, LTE is rapidly gaining momentum within the Public Safety industry. As a result Public Safety agencies, vendors and service provider are heavily investing in Public Safety LTE, with commercial deployments in both the North America and the Middle East region. While initial investments appear promising there still remain a number of key issues that need to be addressed such as frequency spectrum allocation, funding for private LTE network deployments, QoS prioritization of users in commercial networks, and interoperability with legacy Land Mobile Radio (LMR) systems such as APCO 25 and TETRA.
This report provides an in-depth of the global Public Safety LTE industry to address the aforementioned issues, in addition to providing a detail assessment of the technology, market size, and key trends within the Public Safety LTE industry.
The report covers the following topics:
- Global Spectrum Allocation for Public Safety LTE: A global assessment of spectrum allocation and funding for Public Safety LTE deployments, based on input from regional regulatory authorities.
- Global Public Safety LTE Market Size, Contracts & Trials: A global review of the worldwide Public Safety LTE market including assessment of revenue share by market segment (infrastructure sales, services, user device sales, etc), and a review of global contracts and trial engagements.
- RAN Sharing and Roaming: The term "RAN sharing" refers to sharing of actual eNodeBs. As part of this arrangement, each operator accesses the shared RAN with its own EPC. Vendors are also considering the implementation of Inter-PLMN handover (as opposed to roaming) and then for LTE Commercial carriers to deploy Policies for Service Level Agreements that include Priority Access (Access Class Barring, Preemption and ARP) and QoS/ QCI assignment for default and dedicated bearers. The report assesses in detail how many of vendors and commercial carriers will support RAN sharing, roaming and inter-PLMN handovers which will be key factors towards the adoption of commercial LTE RANs for Public Safety applications.
- Global QoS Requirements for Public Safety LTE Communications: A detailed assessment of global requirements for Priority access and High QoS for Public Safety subscribers, for shared commercial LTE networks, while they roam on to Commercial Networks.
- Public Safety LTE Devices and End User Applications: An assessment of device usability characteristics, Multi-Radio LTE/LMR interoperability technology, Software and Applications (VoLTE, PTT over LTE, IMS, IP).
- Vendor Trends and Roadmaps: A detailed assessment of solution portfolios and roadmaps for major infrastructure/ device vendors and system integrators
- LTE-Advanced Support for Heterogeneous Commercial/LMR Networks: In-depth assessment of the LTE Advanced standard and technologies and spectrum planning for Fixed/Nomadic based Pico Cells/Femto Cells and mobile base stations (e.g. LTE Cell on Wheels (CoW)) and proximity based services such as Direct Mode Operation (DMO) in LMR systems, which have broad implications for the adoption of Public Safety LTE services.
- LTE based Public Safety Tactical Systems and Military Applications: Detailed market assessment of LTE based Public Safety Tactical Systems such as CoW, Cell over Light Trucks (COLTs) and Military Applications for LTE.
- System Integrators
- Public Safety Agencies
- LMR Radio Manufacturers
- Cellular Network Operators
- Smartphone Manufacturers
- Public Safety Network Operators
- LMR Infrastructure Manufacturers
- Public Safety Application Developers
- Mobile Computing Equipment Manufacturers
- Cellular Network Infrastructure Manufacturers
Companies in Report:
- Abu Dhabi Police
- Alcatel Lucent
- Brazilian Army
- Harris Corporation
- Hong Kong Police
- IP Wireless (General Dynamics)
- Motorola Mobility
- Motorola Solutions
- Nokia Siemens Networks
- Oceus Networks
- Qatar Armed Forces
- Qatar MOI
- Sao Paulo Military Police Force
- TeleCommunication Systems (TCS)
- US Army
- US Department of Defense
- Verizon Wireless
- Between 2013 and 2018, the Public Safety LTE market will grow at a CAGR of 43 % accounting for over $ 10 Billion in revenue by 2018, up from $ 1.8 Billion in 2013.
- Operator service revenues will constitute a vast majority of the revenue, followed by managed services and integration, representing a lucrative opportunity for vendors and system integrators to build, own and operate Public Safety LTE networks.
- Europe will lag behind Middle East, Asia Pacific and Latin America in the early adoption of Public Safety LTE technology due to stringent spectrum regulation policies. The Middle East has already witnessed commercialization of the technology with an early deployment by the Qatar MOI.
Table of Contents:
1 Chapter 1: Introduction 6
1.1 Executive Summary 6
1.2 Topics Covered 7
1.3 Key Findings 9
1.4 Target Audience 10
1.5 Companies Mentioned 11
2 Chapter 2: Present Overview of the Public Safety LTE Market 13
2.1 The Business Case for Public Safety LTE 15
2.2 Commercial Availability of Public Safety LTE Devices 20
2.3 Public Safety LTE Deployments throughout the Globe 21
2.4 Public Safety LTE Market Size and Revenue Opportunities 23
2.4.1 Regional Segmentation and Market Share 25
2.4.2 Market Segmentation: Commercial vs Private Networks 26
2.4.3 Infrastructure Vendor Market Share & Revenue 29
2.4.4 Device Vendor Market Share & Revenue 31
3 Chapter 3: Public Safety LTE Technology 33
3.1 LTE RAN Technology (E-UTRAN) 34
3.2 EPC Technology 35
3.3 Public Safety Specific Entities for LTE Networks 38
3.4 QoS for Public Safety LTE Systems: Global Requirements and Solutions 39
3.5 Interoperability between Commercial and Private LTE Networks 40
3.6 Interoperability with APCO 25 and TETRA Systems 41
3.7 LTE Advanced Support for Heterogeneous Commercial and LMR Networks 42
3.8 Tactical Deployment Solutions for Public Safety LTE 43
3.9 Integration with Military Communication Systems 44
4 Chapter 4: Public Safety LTE Solutions, Devices and Applications 45
4.1 Public Safety LTE Devices & Vendor Roadmaps 45
4.2 Public Safety LTE Infrastructure Solutions & Vendor Roadmaps 48
4.3 Public Safety LTE Applications 49
5 Chapter 5: Spectrum Regulation and Funding Implications for Public Safety LTE 51
5.1 Global Spectrum Allocation for LTE Deployments 51
5.2 Regional Segmentation for Public Safety LTE Deployments 53
5.2.1 North America 54
5.2.2 Western Europe 55
5.2.3 Eastern Europe 56
5.2.4 Middle East & Africa 57
5.2.5 Asia Pacific 58
5.2.6 Latin & Central America 59
6 Chapter 6: Public Safety LTE Subscriptions and Market Size 2012 - 2018 60
6.1 Global Public Safety LTE Revenue and Market Share Forecasts 60
6.1.1 Global LTE Industry Revenues 60
6.1.2 Market Share by Industry Segment 62
6.1.3 Market Share by Region 64
6.1.4 Market Share by Vendor / Integrator / Service Provider 71
6.1.5 Global LTE Subscriptions 73
6.2 Regional Public Safety LTE Revenue and Market Share Forecasts 75
6.2.1 North America 76
6.2.2 Western Europe 78
6.2.3 Eastern Europe 80
6.2.4 Middle East & Africa 82
6.2.5 Asia Pacific 84
6.2.6 Latin & Central America 86
List of Tables
Table 1: Public Safety LTE Infrastructure Vendor Ranking Matrix 2013 - 2018 30
Table 2: Public Safety LTE Device Vendor Ranking Matrix 2013 - 2018 32
Table 3: Public Safety LTE Vendor / System Integrator Ranking Matrix 2013 - 2018 71
List of Figures
Figure 1: Public Safety LTE Market Size 2011 – 2018 (USD Millions) 23
Figure 2: Public Safety LTE Market Size by Region 2011 – 2018 (USD Millions) 25
Figure 3: Public Safety LTE Infrastructure Shipment Revenues 2011 - 2018: 29
Figure 4: Public Safety LTE Device Shipment Revenues 2011 - 2018: 31
Figure 5: LTE RAN Architecture 34
Figure 6: LTE EPC Architecture 37
Figure 7: Public Safety LTE Devices 46
Figure 8: Public Safety LTE Device Vendor Roadmap 47
Figure 9: Public Safety LTE Infrastructure Vendor Roadmap 48
Figure 10: Public Safety LTE Industry Revenues 2011 – 2018 (USD Millions) 61
Figure 11: Public Safety LTE Revenue by Service/Vendor Segment 2011 – 2018 Excluding Operator Service Revenue (USD Millions) 62
Figure 12: Public Safety LTE Operator Service Revenues 2011 – 2018 (USD Millions) 63
Figure 13: Public Safety LTE Regional Market Share 2012 64
Figure 14: Public Safety LTE Regional Market Share 2013 65
Figure 15: Public Safety LTE Regional Market Share 2014 66
Figure 16: Public Safety LTE Regional Market Share 2015 67
Figure 17: Public Safety LTE Regional Market Share 2018 68
Figure 18: Public Safety LTE Regional Market Share 2017 69
Figure 19: Public Safety LTE Regional Market Share 2018 70
Figure 20: Public Safety LTE Vendor / System Integrator Market Dominance Projection 2013 - 2018 72
Figure 21: Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 73
Figure 22: Traditional (Conventional & Trunked) LMR Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 74
Figure 23: Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions by Region 2011 - 2018 75
Figure 24: North America Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 76
Figure 25: North America Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions & Market Share by Country 2011 - 2018 77
Figure 26: Western Europe Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 78
Figure 27: Western Europe Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions & Market Share by Country 2011 - 2018 79
Figure 28: Eastern Europe Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 80
Figure 29: Eastern Europe Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions & Market Share by Country 2011 - 2018 81
Figure 30: Middle East & Africa Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 82
Figure 31: Middle East & Africa Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions & Market Share by Country 2011 - 2018 83
Figure 32: Asia Pacific Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 84
Figure 33: Asia Pacific Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions & Market Share by Country 2011 - 2018 85
Figure 34: Latin & Central America Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions 2011 - 2018 86
Figure 35: Latin & Central America Commercial & Private Public Safety LTE Subscriptions & Market Share by Country 2011 - 2018 87
Figure 36: Public Safety Mobile Broadband Subscriptions by Technology (CDMA2000, WCDMA, LTE, WiMAX, Other) 2011 – 2018 (Millions) 88
Figure 37: Public Safety Mobile Broadband Service Revenue by Technology (CDMA2000, WCDMA, LTE, WiMAX, Other) 2011 – 2018 (USD Millions) 89
Haptic And Touch Technology Market - Global Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Growth, And Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Haptic technology is mechanical simulation used to create the sense of touch in computer and other electronic devices by using different forces, motion, and vibration. The haptic and touch screen technology market observed significant growth in the last few years with growing application in Smartphone devices, navigation devices, portable gaming devices, digital cameras, media players, tablet computers, and e-readers. The global haptic and touch technology market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11% from 2012 to 2018. North America represents the largest region for the...
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
According to a definition stated by the U.S. FDA, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) is referred to as any substance or a mixture of substances which are used in manufacturing of a drug and tends to become an active ingredient of the drug upon its production. These ingredients also refer to the central or prime ingredient in the product which affects disease diagnosis, prevention and cure. Excipients are the inactive substances present in the drug as compared to APIs. APIs are suspended in the pharmaceutically inert substance or the exciepients. Manufacturing activities of...
Commercial Satellite Imaging Market - Global Industry Size, Market Share, Trends Analysis, And Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Commercial satellite imaging is the process of gathering data in the form of images through the use of a satellite. The commercial satellite imaging market is on a rise because of incorporation of imaging websites such as Google Earth. The commercial satellite imaging market could be segmented into two major categories: on the basis of types into: earth or terrestrial imaging, aeronautical imaging and satellite imaging, and on the basis of end users into: geospatial imaging industry, commercial enterprises, civil engineering industry and others. The market could also be...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
- ICT Procurement Trends in Utilities - Enterprise ICT Investment Plans
- Future of the Lebanese Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2018
- The Global Military GPS-GNSS Market 2013 - 2023
- Digital Trends Winter - UK - December 2013
- Global and China Recreational Vehicle (RV) Industry 2013 Market Research Report
- Global and China Fish Feed Industry 2013 Market Research Report
- Global and China Alginic Acid Industry 2013 Market Research Report
- Global and China Alginate fibre Industry 2013 Market Research Report
- China Elevator Industry 2013 Deep Research Report
- Global and China UV curing machine Industry 2013 Market Research Report
A New Cloud Computing Solution for the Used Equipment Industry
Dec 6, 2013
The E-commerce technology can be an intricate and a costly affair, but it is pivotal in today's competitive market. This marketplace is a constantly evolving place for several equipment dealers. Hence, the tools that are employed to run a successful business are expensive and unique. EquipOne.com is your one stop destination for used equipment and machinery. It offers worldwide buyers and...
A Saudi Billionaire Invests in Two Major Cement Plants in Ethiopia
Dec 5, 2013
Africa is becoming an attractive prospective for the Arabians, as Mohammed al-Amoudi – Saudi’s biggest private investor plans to construct two more cement factories in Ethiopia, Africa. These plants in Africa will add to the overall $351 million facility al-Amoudi’s MIDROC Derba Cement plant opened in December 2011. The 67-year-old investor told in an interview in the...
U.Ks Energy and Climate Secretary Hints at Major Investments in the Wind Energy Sector
Nov 29, 2013
At a time when no country can afford to ignore green and alternative energy solutions, the U.K. is on the threshold of making major investments in this sector by way of offshore wind projects. This announcement was recently made by Ed Davey, Energy and Climate Change Secretary. This announcement is an indication that the U.K. continues to push for the expansion of low-carbon power...
Dell Looking to Harness Potential of Inland Areas in China for Higher PC Sales
Nov 28, 2013
China's second largest personal computer seller Dell, Inc. sees big profits in moving beyond the urban areas and venturing into smaller cities. This is prompting the personal computer major to take a serious look at inland areas given that the nation is aggressively pushing its urbanization drive that has proven to be a perfect window of opportunity for Dell, Inc. Wang Lijun, who heads...
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants announced its new South Beach Hotel
Nov 28, 2013
Apparently, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurant announced its fourth hotel in downtown Miami – old vamped up in a new one. This hotel is a sheer compliment to the EPIC in Surfcomber Miami, Vero Beach Hotel and Spa, and South Beach in the areas of Miami. Kimpton Hotels & Restaurant management with the Angler’s Boutique Resort in Miami proves its expansion in the South Florida...