Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles on trade mark owners and local operators. Brand volumes and market share are given by price segment, alcoholic strength and type (e.g. apple, pear, flavoured). Consumption volumes are provided by pack mix (type, material, refill ability, pack size) and distribution channel (on- and off-premise). Other information includes market valuation/pricing data and new products are identified. All supported by market commentary.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The 2013 Norway Cider Market Insights report is a high level market research report on the Norwegian cider industry. Published by Canadean, this report provides an excellent way of gaining an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the market. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on cider market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
- The Norwegian cider market continued its upward growth trend in 2012 with consumption growing by almost 5%, continuing at the same rate observed in 2010 and 2011.
- What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
- Innovation in the cider market in recent years has helped to widen consumer choice and in 2012 there was further innovation.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Norway Cider Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the cider market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors.
Key Features and Benefits
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Norway cider market.
- This report provides readers with in-depth data on market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount; alcoholic strength; type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2012.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and selected company profiles
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non- refillable. Market valuation data and selected pricing data are also included.
- The ban on advertising and promotion of alcoholic beverages is a real constraint to building brand awareness but one way of keeping brand awareness up in a promotions vacuum is through constant innovation.
- Competition is warming up between the Grevens and Somersby cider brands for leadership over the cider market.
- The sweeter taste of cider compared to beer typically appeals to younger female consumers, but overall the cider market is most popular with consumers under 30 years of age.
- Norway's economy is improving rapidly post the recent recession.
- The outlook for cider continues to remain positive, with growing interest in the category amongst both male and female consumers as they are presented with a wider selection in flavors, combined with low calorie alternatives for the more health conscious consumers.
- Pear cider leads the market but flavored cider growing at the expense of apple.
- The growth seen in 2010 and 2011 continued in 2012 with 5% growth.
- The launch of Grevens Brut Apple Cider in 2011 was seen as a move to broaden the appeal to male drinkers seeking a drier, more 'masculine' tasting cider.
- Cider is imported from two neighboring markets ie Sweden and Denmark, as the Norwegian consumers prefer the sweet, crisp taste of cider produced in these countries over the more traditional, drier apple cider taste.
- Grevens cider continues to lead the market followed by Somersby. Grivensperformed particularly well in the off-premise channels, boosting volume by appealing to consumers with an attractive price per litre.
Table of Content
Section 1 Market Update
- Market Size
- Market Value
- Distribution 2012
- Current and Emerging Trends
- Imports and Exports
- Top 10 Cider Brands - Volume, 2011-2012
- Top 10 International Premium and Super premium Cider Brands - Volume, 2010-2012
- Brand Analysis
- Private Label/Private Label Producers
- New Products Activity
- Chart - Leading Brewers/Imports, 2012
- Market Structure
- Cider Producers/Importers
- Chart - Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2012
- Packaging Trends
- Chart - Distribution by Channel, 2012
- Chart - Consumption by Price Segment, 2012
- Market Valuation and Pricing
- Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2011-2013F
- Distribution Trends
LEGISLATION AND TAXATION TABLES
- Table 1.2.1 - Taxation Base
- Table 1.2.2 - Historical Excise Rates of Cider
- Table 1.2.3 - Legal Controls on Cider
- Table 1.3.1 - Selected Consumer Cider Prices: Off-Premise, 2011-2013
- Table 1.3.2 - Selected Consumer Cider Prices: On-Premise, 2011-2013
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Litres, 2002-2013F
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - % Share, 2002-2013F
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Growth, 2002-2013F
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - Million Litres, 2002-2013F
- Alcoholic Beverage Consumption - Litres of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2002-2013F
- Cider Production/Trade/Consumption - Growth, 2006-2013F
- Consumption of FABs and Cider, 2002-2013F
- Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2011-2013F
- Cider Consumption by Local Definition, 2009-2013F.
- Cider Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2009-2013F
- Cider Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2009-2013F
- Cider Consumption by Type, 2009-2013F
- Cider Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2009-2013F
- Cider All Trademarks, 2008-2012
- Cider Brands by Local Definition, 2008-2012
- Cider Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2008-2012
- Cider Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012
- Cider Brands by Type, 2008-2012
- Cider Imported Brands by Origin, 2008-2012
- Cider Trademark Owners, 2008-2012
- Cider Local Operators, 2008-2012
- Cider Leading Brewers/Importers, 2008-2012
- Cider Consumption by Pack Mix: Refill ability/Type/Pack/Size, 2009-2013F
- Cider Distribution: On vs. Off Premise, 2009-2013F
Section 2 Brewer Profiles
- Aass Bryggeri AS
- Berentsens Brygghus
- Brewery International AS
- Hansa Borg Bryggerier AS
- MacksOlbryggeri AS
- MultiBev AS
- Ringnes AS
- Strag AS
- Beer and Cider Attributes Definitions
- Product Definitions
- Packaging Definitions
List of Table
Table 1: Cider Key Facts
Table 2: Top 10 Cider Brands - Volume, 2010-2012
Table 3: Top 10 International Premium and Superpremium Cider Brands - Volume, 2010-2012
Table 4: Licensed Brand Owners and Licensees
Table 5: Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2011-2013F
Table 6: - Taxation Base
Table 7: - Historical Excise Rates of Cider
Table 8: - Legal controls on Cider
Table 9: Selected Consumer Cider Prices: Off-Premise, 2011-2013
Table 10: Selected Consumer Cider Prices: On-Premise, 2011-2013
Table 11: Commercial Beverage Consumption - Litres Per Capita, 2002-2013F
Table 12: Commercial Beverage Consumption - Per Capita % Share, 2002-2013F
Table 13: Commercial Beverage Consumption - Per Capita Growth, 2003-2013F
Table 14: Commercial Beverage Consumption - Million Liters, 2002-2013F
Table 15: Average Beverage Consumption - Liters of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2002-2013F
Table 16: Cider Production/Trade/Consumption, 2005-2013F
Table 17: Cider Production/Trade/Consumption - Growth, 2005-2013F
Table 18: Consumption of FABs and Cider, 2002-2013F
Table 19: Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2011-2013F
Table 20: Cider Consumption by Local Definition, 2009-2013F
Table 21: Cider Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2009-2013F
Table 22: Cider Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2009-2013F
Table 23: Cider Consumption by Type, 2009-2013F
Table 24: Cider Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2009-2013F
Table 25: Cider All Trademarks, 2008-2012
Table 26: Cider Brands by Local Definition, 2008-2012
Table 27: Cider Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2008-2012
Table 28: Cider Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012
Table 29: Cider Brands by Type, 2008-2012
Table 30: Imported Brands by Origin, 2008-2012
Table 31: Cider Licensed Brands, 2008-2012
Table 32: Cider Private Label Brands, 2008-2008
Table 33: Cider Trademark Owners, 2008-2012
Table 34: Cider Local Operators, 2008-2012
Table 35: Cider leading Brewers/Importers, 2008-2012
Table 36: Cider Consumption by Pack Mix: Refillability/Pack/Size, 2009-2013F
Table 37: Cider Distribution: On vs Off Premise, 2009-2013F
Table 38: Company Aass Bryggeri AS
Table 39: Company Berentsens Brygghus
Table 40: Company Brewery International AS
Table 41: Company Hansa Borg Bryggerier AS
Table 42: Company Mack lbryggeri AS
Table 43: Company MultiBev AS
Table 44: Company Ringnes AS
Table 45: Company Strag AS
List of Chart
Figure 1: Cider Leading Brewers/Importers, 2012
Figure 2: Cider Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2012
Figure 3: Cider Distribution by Channel, 2012
Figure 4: Cider Consumption by Price Segment, 2012
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.