This report provides a concise overview of the Ice Cream market in Australia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Australian Ice Cream sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Experience Seeking in Ice Cream, along with health increased health consciousness impacting Australian Ice Cream Sector.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Variety seekers and health conscious consumers driving recent changes. Artisanal Ice Cream is growing as consumers continue to reward themselves with small treat, however portion control Ice Cream is also growing owing to the increased health and wellness concern. Value of the Australian dollar versus the US dollar fell rapidly during the second half of 2008, and then grew rapidly during 2009. This has caused volatile growth in the Australian Ice Cream market in US$ terms, even as volumes have grown at a relatively constant rate.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Australian Ice Cream sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Ice Cream categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
- Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Ice Cream sector.
- Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of major Ice Cream categories.
- Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private label across Ice Cream categories.
- An overview of packaging trends in the Ice Cream sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets were the most important retail outlet for Ice Cream followed by Food and Drink Specialists and Convenience Stores.
- Artisanal manufacturers are innovating in premium range ice cream to tap this niche market and gain from the consumers who seek variety and local flavors.
- Australians are becoming increasingly aware about ethical consumerism as manufacturers reassessing their supply chain to ensure their Fairtrade product lines to cater this niche segment.
- Lifestyle change, rising on-the-go consumption and the demand for small portion snacking, supported by Australia\'s rising per-capita income and the increasing number of working families, has led to the growth of Artisanal and Impulse Ice Cream.
- Private label penetration rates in the Australian Ice Cream sector will be helped by the concentrated Food retail market, where the two leading retailers, Woolworths and Coles, dominate distribution.
- Increasing innovation in frozen dairy novelties and snacks will provide tough competition for the Ice Cream market.
- Premiumisation, innovation and differentiation will become more crucial in future for growth. New product innovations will change consumer expectations from other manufacturers too, while packaging innovations will significantly enhance consumer experience.
- Natural, organic, and fair trade ice cream product lines are being developed to meet consumers\' increasing desire to consume ethically, their growing environmental awareness and their desire to consume natural products.
- Changing lifestyles and wider distribution through multiple channels will further reduce the impact of seasonality on Ice Cream consumption.
- Price discounting and concentrated retail space will drive Private Label share however variety seekers will continue to explore brands to satisfy their palates.
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.