This report provides a concise overview of the Bakery & Cereals market in Russia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends that will drive its evolution, and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of Russias Bakery & Cereals sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Russia is one of the fastest growing economies in Europe. A growing middle class with rising disposable income is creating opportunities for premium and artisanal Bakery & Cereals products. Meanwhile health-conscious eating and an inclination towards convenience foods is increasing
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Russians eating habits are impacted by the aging population and a shift in consumer preferences towards nutritional and healthy eating. Steady growth in GDP and increased disposable income are among the important driving factors in recent market changes.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of Russian Bakery & Cereals sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across 11 Bakery & Cereal categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
- Analysis of consumer behaviour, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Bakery & Cereals sector.
- Key growth categories are highlighted by analysing the market dynamics of 11 Bakery & Cereal categories.
- Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private label across Bakery & Cereals categories.
- An overview of packaging trends in Russias Bakery & Cereals sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
- The leading consumption motivation in the Russian Bakery & Cereals market is consumers seeking to create their own space and enjoy personal time, which motivated over 30% of consumption in the Bakery & Cereals market. This is followed by the search for Better Value for Money, where retailers are exploring the possibilities of value for money private label products directly competing with branded products.
- Consumers desire to treat themselves is one of the leading motivations in the Russian Bakery & Cereals market, accounting for approximately one quarter of consumption in market. Meanwhile, the demand for products offering personal weight management with positive nutrition is gaining momentum.
- Even as rising levels of obesity are a concern for Russian consumers, the desire to treat oneself will help drive strong growth in the Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies category. Meanwhile increased snacking will help drive growth in the Savory Biscuits category.
- Mature categories such as Bread & Rolls and Cookies (Sweet Biscuits) with high penetration are growing slower than other categories. Meanwhile the desire to treat oneself and enjoy personal space and time through baked snacks are driving categories such as Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies to grow faster than others.
- Russia lags behind the majority of European markets in terms of the trust and confidence consumers have in the quality of private labels. However Value for Money is one of the top four major motivators in the Bakery & Cereals market in Russia, which indicates the potential for private label success in future.
- Companies are innovating with Kasha product lines with localized tastes while adding functional benefits.
- Marketers are increasingly seeing consumers busy lives as an opportunity to fill gaps in the market with on-the-go products like Breakfast Biscuits.
- Traditional bakery products still dominate the market, but there are substantial numbers of consumers looking for more healthy, value added products and not worrying about price.
- Bread & Rolls and Morning Goods accounted for majority of the total number of packs used in the Russian Bakery & Cereals sector in 2012, driving significant demand for Flexible Packaging Bags/Sachets and Films.
Table of Content
- Rising Income and growing middle class are fuelling growth in Russia
- Russia retail market varies significantly with regional parameters
- Food and Drinks Specialists are preferred for Artisanal products
- Busy life will impact Bakery and Cereals with on the go snacking options
- Older population driving the consumption of Bakery and Cereals products in the Russia
- Older consumers driving volume share in the Russian Bakery and Cereals market
- Snacking products and Better Value for Money products driving major share of Russian Bakery and Cereals market
- Indulgence and Individualism consumer trend impacting Bakery and Cereals market in Russia
- Growing middle class will drive the Bakery and Cereals market in Russia
- Mature categories growing slower, although indulgence and snacking options driving few categories faster
- Fluctuating exchange rates have added complexity to Russia\'s Bakery and Cereals market
- Bakery and Cereals Category Dynamics and Opportunities
Brands and Private Labels
- Private Label brands still at nascent stage in Bakery and Cereals market
- Retailers expanding their portfolio of Private Labels, fuelling the growth across Bakery and Cereals market in Russia
- Key brands by category
- Flexible Packaging continue to be the most preferred Packaging Material in Bakery and Cereals market in Russia
- Bread and Rolls and Morning Goods will continue to drive packaging demand by 2017
Future outlook key trends in Russian Bakery and Cereals sector
- Kasha offers an opportunity to innovate with healthier products
- Demand for Breakfast Cookies and on-the-go products will grow
- Consumers are increasingly aware of healthier alternatives
- Private Label brands will grow
Data Appendix and Summary Methodology
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.