Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles on trade mark owners and local operators. Brand volumes and market share are given by price segment, alcoholic strength and type (e.g. apple, pear, flavoured). Consumption volumes are provided by pack mix (type, material, refill ability, pack size) and distribution channel (on- and off-premise). Other information includes market valuation/pricing data and new products are identified. All supported by market commentary.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The 2013 Lithuania Cider Market Insights report is a high level market research report on the Lithuanian cider industry. Published by Canadean, this report provides an excellent way of gaining an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the market. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on cider market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Cider is in decline and declined by 4% in 2012
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The decline was caused by a shrinking population and bad weather
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Lithuania Cider Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the cider market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors.
Key Features and Benefits
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Lithuania cider market.
- This report provides readers with in-depth data on market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount; alcoholic strength; type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2012.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and selected company profiles.
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non refillable. Market valuation data and selected pricing data are also included.
Key Market Issues
- Despite GDP growing inflation was 3% and consumption was shrinking.
- In 2012 the temperature was 2-3°C lower in the summer months than 2011, which impacted beverage consumption.
- The target audience of cider remained young consumers with low income, thus cheap cider was in demand.
- 2013 is forecast to see further decrease as new legislation will ban the sales of large PET bottles of cider and of strong cider.
- Legislation banning large PET bottles and strong cider will lead to some consumers leaving the category in favour of low cost FABs.
- Price discounts and promotions, large packaging (150cl) were the major driver of consumer choice.
- Selita launched two lines in the discount segment in 2012 which lead to it increasing its share.
- The largest brewer Švyturys-UtenosAlus (Carlsberg group) introduced Kiss cider, and in 2012 began importing Somersby
- Cider imports to Lithuania increased by over 50% in 2012.
- In 2012 pear variants pushed forward and became the leading segment.
Table of Content
Section 1 Market Update
- Market Size
- Market Value
- Distribution 2012
- Current and Emerging Trends
- Imports and Exports
- Top 10 Cider Brands - Volume, 2011-2012
- Licensed Brands Owners and Licensees
- Brand Analysis
- Private Label/Private Label Producers
- New Products Activity
- Chart - Leading Brewers/Imports, 2012
- Market Structure
- Cider Producers/Importers
- Chart - Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2012
- Packaging Trends
- Chart - Distribution by Channel, 2012
- Chart - Consumption by Price Segment, 2012
- Market Valuation and Pricing
- Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2011-2013F
- Distribution Trends
LEGISLATION AND TAXATION TABLES
- Table 1.2.1 - Taxation Base
- Table 1.2.2 - Historical Excise Rates of Cider
- Table 1.2.3 - Legal Controls on Cider
- Table 1.2.4 - Tax Burden on Cider
- Table 1.3.1 - Selected Consumer Cider Prices: Off-Premise, 2011-2013
- Table 1.3.2 - Selected Consumer Cider Prices: On-Premise, 2011-2013
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Litres, 2002-2013F
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - % Share, 2002-2013F
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Growth, 2002-2013F
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - Million Litres, 2002-2013F
- Alcoholic Beverage Consumption - Litres of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2002-2013F
- Cider Production/Trade/Consumption - Growth, 2006-2013F
- Consumption of FABs and Cider, 2002-2013F
- Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2011-2013F
- Cider Consumption by Local Definition, 2009-2013F.
- Cider Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2009-2013F
- Cider Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2009-2013F
- Cider Consumption by Type, 2009-2013F
- Cider Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2009-2013F
- Cider All Trademarks, 2008-2012
- Cider Brands by Local Definition, 2008-2012
- Cider Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2008-2012
- Cider Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012
- Cider Brands by Type, 2008-2012
- Cider Imported Brands by Origin, 2008-2012
- Cider Trademark Owners, 2008-2012
- Cider Local Operators, 2008-2012
- Cider Leading Brewers/Importers, 2008-2012
- Cider Consumption by Pack Mix: Refill ability/Type/Pack/Size, 2009-2013F
- Cider Distribution: On vs. Off Premise, 2009-2013F
Section 2 Brewer Profiles
- KALNAPILIO-TAURO GROUP
- Kalnapilio-Tauro Group Brand List
- Kalnapilio-Tauro Group Brand Volumes, 2008-2012
- Selita Cider Brand List
- Selita Brand Volumes 2011-2012
List of Table
Table 1: Cider Key Facts
Table 2: Top 10 Cider Brands - Volume, 2010-2012
Table 3: Top 10 International Premium and Superpremium Cider Brands - Volume, 2012-2012
Table 4: Licensed Brand Owners and Licensees
Table 5: Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2011-2013F
Table 6: - Taxation Base
Table 7: - Historical Excise Rates of Beer
Table 8: - Legal Controls on Cider
Table 9: - Tax Burden on Cider up to 8% Abv, 2012
Table 10: Selected Consumer Cider Prices: Off-Premise, 2011-2013
Table 11: Selected Consumer Cider Prices: On-Premise, 2011-2013
Table 12: Commercial Beverage Consumption - Litres Per Capita, 2002-2013F
Table 13: Commercial Beverage Consumption - Per Capita % Share, 2002-2013F
Table 14: Commercial Beverage Consumption - Per Capita Growth, 2003-2013F
Table 15: Commercial Beverage Consumption - Million Liters, 2002-2013F
Table 16: Average Beverage Consumption - Liters of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2002-2013F
Table 17: Cider Production/Trade/Consumption, 2005-2013F
Table 18: Cider Production/Trade/Consumption - Growth, 2005-2013F
Table 19: Consumption of FABs and Cider, 2002-2013F
Table 20: Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2011-2013F
Table 21: Cider Consumption by Local Definition, 2009-2013F
Table 22: Cider Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2009-2013F
Table 23: Cider Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2009-2013F
Table 24: Cider Consumption by Type, 2009-2013F
Table 25: Cider Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2009-2013F
Table 26: Cider All Trademarks, 2008-2012
Table 27: Cider Brands by Local Definition, 2008-2012
Table 28: Cider Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2008-2012
Table 29: Cider Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012
Table 30: Cider Brands by Type, 2008-2012
Table 31: Imported Brands by Origin, 2008-2012
Table 32: Cider Licensed Brands, 2008-2012
Table 33: Cider Trademark Owners, 2008-2012
Table 34: Cider Local Operators, 2008-2012
Table 35: Cider leading Brewers/Importers, 2008-2012
Table 36: Cider Consumption by Pack Mix: Refillability/Pack/Size, 2009-2013F
Table 37: Cider Distribution: On vs Off Premise, 2009-2013F
Table 38: Kalnapilio-Tauro Grou Full Brand List
Table 39: Kalnapilio-Tauro Group Brand Volumes 2010-2012
Table 40: Cider Brand List
Table 41: Selita Brand Volumes 2011-2012
Table 42: Švyturys-Utenos Alus Full Brand List
Table 43: Svyturys-Utenos Alus Brand Volumes 2008-2012
Table 44: Ragutis Full Brand List
Table 45: Volfas Engelman Brand Volumes 2008-2012
Table 46: Company AB Alita
List of Chart
Figure 1: Cider Leading Brewers/Importers, 2012
Figure 2: Cider Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2012
Figure 3: Cider Distribution by Channel, 2012
Figure 4: Cider Consumption by Price Segment, 2012