Published by Canadean, the Latin America Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 provides a detailed analysis of the bulk/HOD water market in Latin America, with data at a regional and individual country level, including forecasts to 2015
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The Latin America Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in the bulk/HOD water market and forms part of Canadean's best selling series of global soft drinks reports.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Bulk/HOD water in Latin America is still wholly still, unflavored water with no signs of investment in functional options seen to date. However, in Brazil, for example purity and sodium content factors are being advertised in a bid to set brands apart from the competition. Growth is expected for the forecast period, despite price increases across the board.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
In general, packaged water represents a more profitable and popular market and so large companies are often reluctant to invest significantly in the bulk/HOD water category, in terms of new products and innovation. Despite this, growth can be foreseen as success often stems from poor quality tap water, as in Venezuela. Price increases are largely due to inflation but in some markets, namely Argentina, Chile and Colombia, rises are the result of higher delivery costs and increasing raw material prices.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The report comprises of data tables and supporting text, providing information at a regional and country level. The report is compiled from Canadean's extensive global soft drinks databases which are researched individually by country using our specialist researchers 'on the ground'. Comprising of 17individual country profiles, plus a regional summary, the report provides an invaluable guide to the latest trends and forecasts in the bulk/HOD water category.
Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- Dataincludes consumption volumes (million litres and litres per capita)from 2006 to 2011, plus forecasts to 2015 by country.
- Percentage market shares are provided for segmentation data, packaging dataand distribution (2010 and 2011 actuals, plus 2012 forecasts).
- Leading companies' market shares for 2010 and 2011 are provided.
- A market valuation is provided for eachcountry and, where applicable, new products in 2011 are identified by country.
- Supporting text includes commentary on current and emerging trends, segmentation, packaging, distribution, pricing/valuation and where applicable, functional products and private label
- Home delivery remains the main distribution sub-channel, with many of the main brands expanding their presence. Nevertheless, sub-channels such as supermarkets continue to grow year on year.
- In Mexico in 2011, bulk/HOD water continued to grow, supported mainly by warmer temperatures than the year prior.
- In Brazil the category is starting to reach new lower income consumers, especially in less developed areas with poor tap water quality. Following this, investments from bigger players will fuel the market, especially regionally.
- Younger Argentinean consumers don't have such a strong preference for carbonated water compared to elderly consumers and so some are choosing to have a delivery of bulk/HOD water instead of soda siphons.
- The Guatemalian bulk/HOD water market is growing rapidly, especially in urban areas, as the municipal authorities who are responsible for providing tap water to inhabitants cannot fulfill the function, resulting in an inconsistent water supply. Additionally, the few cities/sectors that do have water constantly usually get water unfit for human consumption. A similar case is seen in Venezuela.
- Unusually for Latin America, in the Venezuelan bulk/HOD water market mineral water accounts for the majority of consumption thanks to the extensive water resources available in the country.
- In Guatemala, Salvavidas (Cerveceria Centroamericana) boosted its image by continuing its TV campaign with young active people drinking from the 200cl bottle.
- In 2011, Mexican bulk/HOD water continued to benefit from the growth of non-rtd categories with nearing a 5% increase, as new products and flavors enter the powdered segment as a convenient substitute for the rtd categories.
- As a continued practice, re-fillers continue to use branded containers to fill with low quality water in Mexico. This affects brands and their quality reputations all around the country.
- In Panama bulk/HOD water performed well due to advertising campaigns and a strong performance from the leading players. In 2011 the category grew by over 5%. New packaging plants and increasing competition among leading brands is anticipated to help further in the mid-term.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Regional Summary - Bulk/HOD Water Data Tables
Consumption (Million Litres) By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Litres per Capita Consumption By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
8oz Servings per Capita Consumption By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Consumption (Million Cases) By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Top Flavors, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Still vs. Carbonated, 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Top Packaging Materials, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Refillable vs. Non-Refillable, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Pack Mix: Single-Serve (<=60cl) vs. Multi-Serve(>60cl), By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Distribution: Off-Premise (Retail/At Home) vs. On-Premise (Away from Home), By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Table - Bulk/HOD Water Key Facts
Market Size - Consumption Million Litres, Litres Per Capita, 2011
Growth - CAGR% 06-11, CAGR % 08-11, CAGR% 10-11
Market Value (at Consumer Price), Local Currency/US$, 2011
Segmentation - RTD/non-RTD, % Market Share, 2011
Distribution - Off-Premise/On-Premise, % Market Share, 2011
Packaging - Material, % Market Share, 2011
Chart -Bulk/HOD Water Leading Trademark Owners, 2011
Current and Emerging Trends
Private Label/Private Label Producers
Bulk/HOD Water New Products 2011
Consumption, Million Litres/Litres Per Capita, 2006-2015F
Segments: Flavor, Still vs. Carbonated, RTD,% Market Share, 2010-2012F
Packaging: Material / Non-Refillable vs. Refillable / Multi Serve vs. Single Serve, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Distribution: Off-Premise vs. On-Premise, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Leading Companies, % Market Share, 2010-2011
LATIN AMERICA: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.