Intrathecal pumps classified under intrathecal drug delivery system are used to deliver small amounts of drug directly to the patient’s spinal fluid for relieving chronic back or spinal pain. This small programmed battery powered pump is surgically implanted under the subcutaneous tissue of the abdomen and is connected to a catheter tunneled to the site of spinal entry. Such devices consist of a computerized pain pump, a catheter and a reservoir which needs to be refilled every 1 to 3 months. In this drug delivery system, a lower dose of medication is required since the drug is delivered directly at the site of action and thus bypasses the phase of circulation throughout the body.
Intrathecal pumps market is categorized on the basis of the following applications:
- Cancer Pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Facial & Migraine Pain
- Musculoskeletal Pain
Globally, North America and western European countries dominates the intrathecal implant pumps market due to high prevalence of chronic or recurring pain in the general population, better reimbursement policies and increased awareness about healthcare and wellbeing in these regions. Emerging economies of Asia, Middle East and Latin America are predicted to incur the highest growth due to growing disease awareness and rising affordability in order to undertake such procedures.
Some of the key factors driving the growth of intrathecal pumps market are global growing elderly population and advances in technology. Increased incidences of cancer and diabetes, improved reimbursement policies and funding by government agencies, particularly in developing countries will further propel the intrathecal pumps market. However, high cost involved in implantation procedure of intrathecal pumps may pose a challenge to the growth of this market.
Some of the major companies contributing to the intrathecal pumps market include Baxter International Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Codman and Shurtleff, Inc., Hospira, Inc., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, St. Jude Medical, Inc., Medtronic, Inc., Advanced Bionics LLC, Medasys, Inc., Flowonix Medical, Inc., Smiths Medical ASD, Inc. and Stryker Corporation.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.