Timetric’s 'Insight Report: Insurance Markets after the Global Financial Crisis' report analyzes the performance of the global insurance industry while dealing with the impact of financial crisis, which had a negative impact on the insurance industry, particularly in developed markets.
Timetric’s 'Insight Report: Insurance Markets after the Global Financial Crisis' report analyzes the performance of the global insurance industry while dealing with the impact of the global financial crisis, which had a negative impact on the insurance industry, particularly in developed markets. However, the insurance industry in developed markets has finally managed to emerge from crisis, showing progressive signs of growth. In contrast, emerging markets were largely shielded from the impact of the crisis, and recorded robust growth, fueled by rises in disposable income and consumer awareness of the benefits of insurance.
The report also discusses in detail the growth of the insurance industry in key developed and emerging markets, across all insurance segments, by analyzing key performance indicators. It also identifies growth drivers and studies issues and challenges in detail.
- This report analyzes the performance of the insurance industry in both developed and emerging markets during the review period, and also provides their future outlook.
- This report provides an insight into industry consolidation and changes in insurers’ investment strategies as a result of the crisis.
- This report discusses product and technological innovations by insurers to increase operational efficiency and improve the customer experience.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the recovery path of the global insurance industry after the global financial crisis.
- Gain an insight into current developments in the global insurance industry, and the future outlook in terms of market potential.
- Gain an understanding of changing regulations after the crisis, and their impact on the overall insurance industry.
- Develop an insight into how insurers realigned their investment strategies to remain profitable.
- Key highlights
- Insurers across the world are making strategic decisions to execute corporate deals, expand into new territory, achieve economies of scale and strengthen distribution channels.
- The global financial crisis adversely affected underwriting profitability in the US and several European countries. To offset underwriting losses, insurers had to focus on returns on investments to improve overall profitability.
- The sovereign debt crisis in European countries resulted in all EU member countries, except the UK and Czech Republic, signing a fiscal compact to consolidate their fiscal spending. An important aspect of this policy is government initiatives to reduce social security spending, which are expected to encourage the public to privately purchase life and health insurance.
- Technological innovation has become a key priority among insurers, which have increased their use of technology across all aspects of their operations, such as targeting potential customers, improving underwriting practice and strengthening distribution channels.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Global Overview of the Insurance Industry after the Global Financial Crisis: 2009–2014
2.1 Overview of the Global Insurance Industry
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Key Drivers
2.4 Key Risks and Challenges
2.4.1 Economic uncertainty
2.4.2 Low interest rates
2.4.3 Operational challenges
3 Insurance Industry Developments Since the Global Financial Crisis
3.1 Realignment of Investment Strategy
3.2 Industry Consolidation
3.3 Product Developments
3.4 Technological Developments
3.5 Regulatory Developments
3.5.1 Solvency II
3.5.2 Accounting standards
4 Insurance Industry Growth Momentum in Key Developed Markets
4.1 Life Insurance
4.1.1 Gross written premium
4.1.2 Underwriting profit/loss
4.2 Non-Life Insurance
4.2.1 Gross written premium
4.2.2 Underwriting profit/loss
4.3 Personal Accident and Health Insurance
4.3.1 Gross written premium
4.3.2 Underwriting profit or loss
5 Insurance Industry Growth Momentum in Key Emerging Markets
5.1 Life Insurance
5.1.1 Gross written premium
5.1.2 Underwriting profit/loss
5.2 Non-Life Insurance
5.2.1 Gross written premium
5.2.2 Underwriting profit/loss
5.3 Personal Accident and Health Insurance
5.3.1 Gross written premium
5.3.2 Underwriting profit/loss
6.2 Contact Timetric
6.3 About Timetric
6.4 Timetric’s Services
List of Table
Table 1: Catastrophic Damage in Various Countries, 2009–2013
Table 2: Developed Markets – Investment Incomes (US$ Billion), 2009–2014
Table 3: Emerging Markets – Investment Incomes (US$ Billion), 2009–2014
Table 4: Key Regulations and Impact
List of Chart
Figure 1: Insurance Industry – Impact and Key Developments after the Global Financial Crisis
Figure 2: Global Insurance Industry – Current Development and Future Outlook
Figure 3: Developed Markets – Asset Allocations (%), 2009, 2011 and 2014
Figure 4: Emerging Markets – Asset Allocations (%), 2009, 2011 and 2014
Figure 5: Share Analysis of Key Investment (%), 2010–2014
Figure 6: Developed Markets – Insurance Industry Attractiveness
Figure 7: Developed Markets – Life Insurance Indicators
Figure 8: Developed Markets – Non-Life Insurance Indicators
Figure 9: Developed Markets – Personal Accident and Health Insurance Indicators
Figure 10: Emerging Economy – Insurance Industry Attractiveness
Figure 11: Emerging Markets – Life Insurance Indicators
Figure 12: Emerging Markets – Non-life Insurance Indicators
Figure 13: Emerging Markets – Personal Accident and Health Insurance Indicators
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.