Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is an immune-mediated disease in which the body’s own immune system attacks the parts of the digestive system of the human body. Such disease involves inflammation of lower gastrointestinal tract and causes irreversible damage to the bowel. Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease are the two major forms of IBD; both having distinct pathologic and clinical characteristics. IBD is a difficult to manage medical condition with a higher morbidity rate and thus its diagnosis and management is of utmost importance.
The global inflammatory bowel disease market is categorized as follows:
- Crohns disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Biologic therapies (biological drugs)
Currently, the developed global markets of North America and Europe make up for the majority of the inflammatory bowel disease market in the world. Emerging markets of Asia mainly India, Russia and Japan as well as countries of Middle East and Latin America are also expected to show strong growth due to rising incidences of such diseases owing to increased industrialization, modernization of the population and drastic lifestyle changes.
One of the key factors driving the growth of this market is the increase in use of biological therapies such as monoclonal antibodies. However, difficulties involved in affording the expensive treatments of such diseases may pose challenge to growth of inflammatory bowel diseases market majorly in developing nations.
Some of the key players in this industry are Abbott Laboratories, Amgen, Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Alcon, Inc., Baxter International, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Sequella, Inc., Sanofi-Aventis LLC, Osiris Therapeutics, Inc., AstraZeneca PLC, Eisai Co. Ltd., Cephalon, Inc., Celltrion, Inc., Pfizer, Inc., Pluristem Therapeutics, Inc., Soligenix, Inc. and Ore Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.