GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, Hepatitis B Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global Hepatitis B therapeutics market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global Hepatitis B therapeutics market. The report also provides insights into the competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the positions of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the pipeline products within the global Hepatitis B sector.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalDatas team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimates the global Hepatitis B (Hepatitis B) vaccine market to be valued at $689m in 2009. The market is estimated to grow up to $1.27bn in 2017, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.9%. This growth is attributed to the US and European regulatory approval of Heplisav in 2012. Growth in the Hepatitis B market will be driven by the increase in the adult vaccines market as a result of increasing public awareness.
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global Hepatitis B therapeutics market revenue data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Geographies covered in this report include the United States (US), the United Kingdom (UK), Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. The key classes of mechanism of action include nucleoside analogs, nucleotide analogs, immunoglobulins, TLR9 immunomodulators and immunoinducers.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global Hepatitis B vaccine market. The key future market players covered are GlaxoSmithkline, Merck & Co., Dynavax Technologies Corporation, PepTcell, LG Life Sciences, Genexine Co., Lipoxen PLC, Dong-A Pharmaceutical Co, ImmunoVaccine Technologies, GenPhar, Pfizer and NanoBio Corp.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include a strategic competitor assessment, a market characterization, the unmet needs and the implications for the Hepatitis B market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Hepatitis B therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to affect the global Hepatitis B therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify the emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for consolidation, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Whats the next big thing in the global Hepatitis B therapeutics market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table Of Content
1 Table of contents 3
1.1 List of Tables 4
1.2 List of Figures 4
2 Hepatitis B Vaccines: Market Characterization 5
2.1 Overview 5
2.2 Hepatitis B Vaccines Market Size 5
2.3 Hepatitis B Vaccines Market Forecast and CAGR 7
2.4 Drivers and Barriers for Hepatitis B Vaccines Market 8
2.4.1 Drivers for Hepatitis B Vaccines Market 8
2.4.2 Barriers for Hepatitis B Vaccines Market 8
2.5 Opportunity and Unmet Need 9
2.6 Key Takeaway 10
3 Hepatitis B Vaccines Market: Competitive Assessment 11
3.1 Overview 11
3.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 11
3.3 Product Profile for the Major Marketed Vaccines in Hepatitis B Market 12
3.3.1 Recombivax HB 12
3.3.2 Engerix-B 12
3.3.3 Twinrix 13
3.3.4 Comvax 14
3.4 Major Marketed Products Comparison in Hepatitis B Vaccines Market 16
3.5 Key Takeaway 17
4 Hepatitis B Vaccines Market: Pipeline Assessment 18
4.1 Overview 18
4.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 18
4.2.1 Technology Trends Analytical Framework 18
4.3 Hepatitis B Vaccines Therapeutics Promising Vaccines under Clinical Development 20
4.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Vaccines under Clinical Development 20
4.4.1 Heplisav 20
4.4.2 Spi-VEC 21
4.5 Hepatitis B Vaccines Market Clinical Pipeline by Vaccine Class 22
4.6 Hepatitis B Vaccines Pipeline Pipeline by Clinical Phases of Development 23
4.6.1 Hepatitis B Vaccines Therapeutics Phase III Clinical Pipeline 23
4.6.2 Hepatitis B vaccines Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline 24
4.6.3 Hepatitis B Vaccines Therapeutics Phase I Clinical Pipeline 24
4.6.4 Hepatitis B Vaccines Therapeutics Preclinical Pipeline 24
4.6.5 Hepatitis B vaccines Therapeutics Discovery Pipeline 24
4.7 Key Takeaway 25
5 Global Hepatitis B Vaccines Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 26
6 Global Hepatitis B Vaccines Market: Future Players in Hepatitis B Vaccines Market 28
6.1 Introduction 28
6.2 GlaxoSmithKline 28
6.2.1 Company Overview 28
6.2.2 Business Description 29
6.3 Dynavax Technologies 29
6.3.1 Company Overview 29
6.3.2 Business Description 29
6.4 Emergent BioSolutions Inc. 30
6.4.1 Company Overview 30
6.4.2 Business Description 30
6.5 PepTcell Limited 31
6.5.1 Company Overview 31
6.5.2 Business Description 31
6.6 Pfizer 31
6.6.1 Company Overview 31
6.6.2 Business Description 32
7 Global Hepatitis B Vaccines Market: Appendix 33
7.1 Definitions 33
7.2 Acronyms 33
7.3 Research Methodology 33
7.3.1 Coverage 34
7.3.2 Secondary Research 34
7.3.3 Forecasting 34
7.3.4 Primary Research 37
7.3.5 Expert Panel Validation 37
7.4 Contact Us 37
7.5 Disclaimer 37
7.6 Sources 38
List of Table
Table 1: Global Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Revenues ($m), 2001-2009 6
Table 2: Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Global, Revenues ($m) and Growth Rate (%), 2009-2017 7
Table 3: Major Marketed Products Comparison in Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, 2010 16
Table 4: Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Most Promising Vaccines Under Clinical Development, 2010 20
Table 5: Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Phase III Clinical Pipeline, 2010 23
Table 6: Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Phase II Clinical Pipeline, 2010 24
Table 7: Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Phase I Clinical Pipeline, 2010 24
Table 8: Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Preclinical Pipeline, 2010 24
Table 9: Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Discovery Pipeline, 2010 24
List of Chart
Figure 1: Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Global, Revenues ($m), 2001-2009 6
Figure 2: Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Global, Revenues ($m), 2009-2017 7
Figure 3: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, 2009 10
Figure 4: Strategic Competitor Assessment of the Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, 2010 11
Figure 5: Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Technology Trends Analytic Framework, 2010 18
Figure 6: Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Technology Trends Analytic Framework, Description, 2010 19
Figure 7: Hepatitis B Vaccines Therapeutics Market, Clinical Pipeline by Class of Vaccine (%), 2010 22
Figure 8: Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Pipeline by Phase of Clinical Development, 2010 23
Figure 9: Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Implications For Future Competition, 2010 26
Figure 10: Hepatitis B Vaccines Market, Clinical Pipeline by Company, 2010 28
Figure 11: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model 36