Helium is a colorless, non-toxic, inert, mono-atomic gas. It is colorless and odorless in nature. Its melting points and boiling points are the lowest among all other elements. It exists in the gaseous state in extreme conditions. It is one of the lightest elements and most abundant elements found in nature. The use of helium reduces the distorting effects of temperature variations in space. It is commonly used as a carrier gas in gas chromatography. In addition, it is used in cryogenics. Furthermore, it is used in to cool certain metals required for superconductivity. It is also used in applications such as lasers, nuclear reactors, plasma cleaning, magnetic levitating trains among others.
Increasing demand of helium in cryogenic applications for its utilization in MRI equipment is expected to drive the helium demand over the next few years. In addition, it is used for various other applications such as welding, in-leak detection, heat transfer markets which may boost the demand for helium in near future. However, inhalation of helium is dangerous if done in excess as it displaces oxygen needed for respiration. Thus, stringent regulations on the use of helium coupled with volatility in pricing of helium may hamper the helium market within the forecast period. On-going research and development on the use of helium for other industrial purposes such as aerospace and analytical applications may open new avenues for the helium market over the next few years.
North America dominated the helium market in 2012. However, Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth on account of increasing industrialization and urbanization in emerging economies such as China and India. Some of the market players in this industry segment are Air Products, Linde, Praxair, Exxon Mobil, DCP Midstream, Matheson, IACX Energy and ONEOK among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.