Gonorrhea is a contagious sexually transmitted disease caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae. The disease can also pass on to a new born through infected mother during parturition. This disease can affect both men and women. The bacterium grows in warm and moist areas of uterus, reproductive tract, fallopian tubes and urethra. In addition, the bacterium can also grow in the throat, mouth and anus. According to Center for Disease Control (CDC), in 2010 the total number of people suffering from gonorrhea was estimated to be around 3 lacs in the U.S.
Diagnostic tests for gonorrhea include diagnostic imaging, flow cytometry, gel microdroplets, chromatography, artificial intelligence, liposomes, Differential Light Scattering (DLS), molecular diagnostics and monoclonal antibodies test. Amongst these tests, molecular diagnostic is most preferred test. Molecular test include Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests (NAAT) which is highly sensitive test for urine and swab test. It is FDA approved for the diagnosis of gonorrhea.
Change in lifestyle has resulted in multiple sex and sex partner. It has been observed that three out of five people suffer from chlamydia every year and it is expected to rise drastically. It has been reported that in 2011, gonorrhea increased by 61% globally. This severe growth of gonorrhea patients worldwide would augment the growth of this market. Gonorrhea increases the risk of HIV infection and this is raising serious concern amongst governments of various nations. According to CDC, Federal Domestic Assistance grants a project under section 318c. This project aimed for the development and implementation of prevention and control program for this disease. This increasing concern of government would trigger the growth of this market. In addition, rise in disposable income of population would also increase the growth of this market.
Some of the major players in this market include Siemens, Tosoh, Wallac, Abbott, Beckman Coulter/Danaher, Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Roche and BioMerieux amongst other significant players.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.