Global and China Automotive Exhaust System Industry Report, 2013
Published Date » 2013-12-31
No. Of Pages » 132
Global and China Automotive Exhaust System Industry Report, 2013 contains the following:
- Overview of global automotive market
- Overview of Chinese automotive market
- Introduction to automotive exhaust system and future development trends
- Research on automotive exhaust system industry
- Research on 13 major automotive exhaust system vendors, three substrate companies and seven catalyst enterprises
The global automotive exhaust system market size approximated USD 31.7 billion in 2013, only a slight increase of 1.3% year on year, mainly due to the EU market downturn, Japanese yen devaluation and China’s delay of Emission Standard IV for diesel vehicles. However, as emission standards become more and more stringent, the market size of exhaust systems, especially those for diesel vehicles, will grow steadily, and is expected to rise by 4.1% to USD 33 billion in 2014.
The much-anticipated Chinese market for the fourth time delayed the implementation of Emission Standard IV which was initially announced by the government in May 2005 to be effective on January 1, 2011. The implementation was rescheduled in January 2012 to take effect on July 1, 2013, which was failed too, and now is expected to be postponed to July 2014 at the earliest.
Many foreign agencies believe that the SCR technology corresponding to China’s Emission Standard IV may not be promoted in China. For Chinese manufacturers, SCR is unacceptable because of the growing one-time procurement amount and, most importantly, the significant increase in operating costs. In order to make diesel vehicles comply with Emission Standard IV, it’s necessary to add the automotive urea solution equivalent to 4%-6% of diesel consumption, and the cost of urea solution is nearly RMB 5 / liter, which means about RMB 20 of urea per 100 km, greatly increasing the follow-up operating costs of vehicles.
Currently, Sinopec’s automotive urea solution filling stations in China are operating at a loss. In the short term, barreled urea solution will still occupy the mainstream market, but it has high requirements on storage and transportation, therefore, it’s difficult for domestic Emission Standard IV-compliant vehicle users to refuel urea solution conveniently. Truck drivers’ use of urea solution is uncontrollable, they can only use urea solution in annual vehicle inspection or examination, which means the insignificance of SCR even it’s available. The government is well aware of this, so China is energetically promoting EGR, especially for diesel vehicles under 2L. There is no position for SCR on the market.
In addition, the quality of China’s oil products is poor, Sinopec, China’s largest oil refinery, has just completed the upgrading of Standard III diesel, and has no schedule for Standard IV. Most EGR-enabled engines cannot use Standard III diesel which may do harm to the engines. Currently, China needs to import Standard IV diesel from other countries and regions.
Automotive exhaust systems available in China can be divided into European, American, Japanese, South Korean and local ones.
- European companies include Faurecia, Boysen and Ebersp?cher, Faurecia sweeps most of the medium and low-end European vehicles, including FAW VW, SVW, DCAD, DPAD, SGM, medium and low-end models of BMW and Mercedes-Benz, while high-end vehicle models are shared by Boysen and Ebersp?cher.
- American companies include Tenneco and Katcon, mainly serving SGM. Joint ventures of Tenneco and Ebersp?cher occupy some medium and high-end vehicle models of FAW.
- Japanese companies include Sango, Futaba, Yutaka, Hirotec, Aisan and Clasonic. Sango and Futaba mainly serve Toyota, Yutaka supplies Honda, Hirotec for MAZDA, and Clasonic for Nissan.
- Sejong is the only South Korean company, monopolizing all models of Hyundai.
- Local companies take two ways, one is in-house, such as Chongqing Chang’an, BYD and Great Wall Motor; the other is through specialized enterprises, mainly including Wuxi Weifu Lida Catalytic Converter, Chongqing HITER Automotive Exhaust System, and Tianjin CATARC Auto Tech. In the field of commercial vehicles, local manufacturers and catalyst companies occupy a leading position, Shanghai BASF, Suzhou Umicore, Wuxi Weifu Lida Catalytic Converter and Sino-Platinum Metals take up most of the market.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1. Global Automotive Market
1.1 Global Automotive Market
1.2 Global Automotive Industry
2. Chinese Automotive Market
2.2 Recent Developments
2.2.1 Passenger Vehicle Market
2.2.2 Commercial Vehicle Market
2.3 Chinese Automotive Industry
3. Automotive Exhaust System
3.2 Three-Way Catalytic Converter
3.2.1 Ceramic Substrate
3.3 National Emission Standard IV for Diesel Exhaust System
3.4 Prospect of Global Emission Standards for Heavy-duty Diesel Vehicles
3.5 Timeline of Global Emission Standards
3.6 Development Trend of Exhaust System for Light-duty Vehicles
3.7 Development Trend of Exhaust System for Heavy-duty Vehicles
3.8 Forecast of Automotive Emission Regulations in China to 2020
4. Automotive Exhaust System Market
4.1 Global Automotive Exhaust System Market
4.2 Chinese Automotive Exhaust System Market
4.3 Global Automotive Exhaust System Industry
4.4 Chinese Automotive Exhaust System Industry
4.5 Major Sedan Three-way Catalyst or Exhaust System Suppliers in China
5. Automotive Exhaust System Vendors
5.1.1 Faurecia (Changchun) Exhaust System
5.1.2 Wuhan Faurecia Tongda Exhaust System
5.1.3 Faurecia Emission Control Technologies Yantai
5.2.1 Shanghai Tenneco Exhaust System
5.2.2 Tenneco Tongtai (Dalian) Exhaust System
5.2.3 Tenneco-Ebersp?cher (Dalian) Exhaust System
5.4.1 Arvin Sango
5.5 Futaba Industrial
5.5.1 Tianjin Shuang Shye Mechanical Industrial
5.5.2 Tianjin Futaba Shye Chan Mechanical Industrial
5.8.1 Chongqing Jin Feng Mechanical
5.8.2 Wuhan Jin Feng Mechanical
5.8.3 Foshan Fengfu Auto Parts
5.8.4 Foshan Yutaka Auto Parts
5.9 Sejong Industrial
5.9.1 Beijing Sejong Automobile Fittings
5.9.2 Yancheng Sejong Automobile Fittings
5.10 Baoding Yima Motor Vehicle Fitting
5.11 Chongqing HITER Environmental Protection Group
5.12 Katcon (Shanghai) Emission Control System
6. Ceramic Substrate and DPF Companies
6.1.1 NGK Ceramics Suzhou
6.2.1 Corning Shanghai
7. Catalyst Companies
7.1 Automotive Exhaust System Catalyst Industry
7.2 Johnson Matthey
7.6 Kunming Sino-Platinum Metals Catalyst
7.7 Wuxi Weifu Lida Catalytic Converter
List of TablesNA
List of FiguresNA
Image Sensors Market - Global Industry Size, Market Share, Trends, Analysis And Forecasts 2012-2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Image sensors are used for improving quality control and product yield in different production environments. These sensors are integrated in different applications to reduce costs by understanding key technology and market trends. Moreover, the improved condition after the economic crisis is contributing to the growth of this sector. Common applications of image sensors include biometrics, digital camera, camcorders, videoconferencing, optical mice, virtual keyboards, etc. Problems such as image quality and automation can restrict the market growth rate. Growing...
Graphene Market - Global Forecast, Trends, Industry Size, Market Share, Analysis And Forecast, 2012-2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Graphene, also known as “magic material” by various research labs, is composed of pure carbon placed in a hexagonal pattern. Graphene can be used in a variety of applications owing to its superior performance. The material is said to offer extraordinary properties in all its applications. Graphene is useful in high-end technologies like RFID, sensors and super capacitors among others. Graphene can be manufacturer by various processes. The manufacturing of graphene is done by chemical vapor deposition, liquid phase exfoliation, plasma and reduced graphene...
Ethyl Acetate Market - Global Industry Size, Market Share, Trends, Analysis, And Forecasts 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Ethyl acetate is used as a solvent in oil based enamels, inks, adhesives and various chemical processes. Some of the major factors why ethyl acetate is preferred in numerous industrial applications are low toxicity, low cost, agreeable odor among others. Some of the major areas of application include laboratories, occurrence in wines, entomological killing agent and as an activator or hardener in paints. Ethyl acetate market is analyzed on the following factors: Capacity Production Consumption Global Trade Price in...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
- Construction Sector in Russia H1 2014 Development Forecasts for 2014-2019
- Construction Sector in Hungary 2014 Development forecasts for 2014-2019
- Construction Sector in Slovenia 2014 Development Forecasts for 2014-2019
- Construction Sector in Bulgaria 2014 Development Forecasts for 2014-2019
- Non-public Hospitals Market in Poland 2014 Comparative Analysis by Voivodship and Development Prospects
- Retail in Russia 2014 - Regional focus. Market analysis and development forecasts for 2014-2019
- Global Umbilical Market: An Analysis (2013 - 2017)
- Global Stainless Steel Tube Market: Trends & Opportunities (2014-19)
- Global Graphene Market: Trends and opportunities (2014-2018)
- Shampoo, Conditioner and Hairstyling Products - US - April 2014
India is Facing a Cancer Crisis
Apr 15, 2014
India is currently facing a cancer crisis – reports a recent research carried out at the King’s college London, in collaboration with the Tata Memorial Cancer Centre, Mumbai. The reasons estimated for this crisis comprise of increasing rates of smoking, unequal access to proper treatment and belated diagnosis. Every year, India witnesses around one...
Microparticle Tags to Check Counterfeit Goods Invented
Apr 14, 2014
Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have invented a new set of microparticles that can easily be read by smartphones and establish the authenticity of currency, electronic items and luxury goods. This strategy is among those countless measures taken by big brands and companies to label their legitimate products in order to stop illegal copies of the...
USFDA Approves Lupins Generic Diabetic Drug
Apr 10, 2014
The United States Food and Drugs Administration (USFDA) has finally approved Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc (LPI), the American subsidiary of Indian drug manufacturers Lupin Ltd, to sell Pioglitazone Tablets in the U.S market. The approval has been granted first for fiscal 2015. Pioglitazone is a generic medicine used for managing diabetes and is a version of Actos tablets...
Infrared Sensors can Soon Be Used to Develop Night-Vision Lenses - A New Discovery Confirms
Apr 8, 2014
People who fear the dark may soon have a reason to rejoice – an infrared sensor that can eventually be used for mechanizing night-vision lenses has been developed. This effectively means that one can also see through dark with the help of these lenses. This technology seems possible all due to graphene, a layer of tightly packed carbon atoms that has allowed the creation of...
Ontarios thanks Sustainable Development Technology Canada for Clean Tech Ecosystem Movements
Apr 8, 2014
Sustainable Development Technology Canada has leveraged an extra $2.2 billion in funding from project partners that also includes global clean technology companies. Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is energizing and evolving the development and demonstration of a clean technology ecosystem. They are the vital contributors to the prominent concentration of clean...