Global and China Automotive Exhaust System Industry Report, 2013
Published Date » 2013-12-31
No. Of Pages » 132
Global and China Automotive Exhaust System Industry Report, 2013 contains the following:
- Overview of global automotive market
- Overview of Chinese automotive market
- Introduction to automotive exhaust system and future development trends
- Research on automotive exhaust system industry
- Research on 13 major automotive exhaust system vendors, three substrate companies and seven catalyst enterprises
The global automotive exhaust system market size approximated USD 31.7 billion in 2013, only a slight increase of 1.3% year on year, mainly due to the EU market downturn, Japanese yen devaluation and China’s delay of Emission Standard IV for diesel vehicles. However, as emission standards become more and more stringent, the market size of exhaust systems, especially those for diesel vehicles, will grow steadily, and is expected to rise by 4.1% to USD 33 billion in 2014.
The much-anticipated Chinese market for the fourth time delayed the implementation of Emission Standard IV which was initially announced by the government in May 2005 to be effective on January 1, 2011. The implementation was rescheduled in January 2012 to take effect on July 1, 2013, which was failed too, and now is expected to be postponed to July 2014 at the earliest.
Many foreign agencies believe that the SCR technology corresponding to China’s Emission Standard IV may not be promoted in China. For Chinese manufacturers, SCR is unacceptable because of the growing one-time procurement amount and, most importantly, the significant increase in operating costs. In order to make diesel vehicles comply with Emission Standard IV, it’s necessary to add the automotive urea solution equivalent to 4%-6% of diesel consumption, and the cost of urea solution is nearly RMB 5 / liter, which means about RMB 20 of urea per 100 km, greatly increasing the follow-up operating costs of vehicles.
Currently, Sinopec’s automotive urea solution filling stations in China are operating at a loss. In the short term, barreled urea solution will still occupy the mainstream market, but it has high requirements on storage and transportation, therefore, it’s difficult for domestic Emission Standard IV-compliant vehicle users to refuel urea solution conveniently. Truck drivers’ use of urea solution is uncontrollable, they can only use urea solution in annual vehicle inspection or examination, which means the insignificance of SCR even it’s available. The government is well aware of this, so China is energetically promoting EGR, especially for diesel vehicles under 2L. There is no position for SCR on the market.
In addition, the quality of China’s oil products is poor, Sinopec, China’s largest oil refinery, has just completed the upgrading of Standard III diesel, and has no schedule for Standard IV. Most EGR-enabled engines cannot use Standard III diesel which may do harm to the engines. Currently, China needs to import Standard IV diesel from other countries and regions.
Automotive exhaust systems available in China can be divided into European, American, Japanese, South Korean and local ones.
- European companies include Faurecia, Boysen and Ebersp?cher, Faurecia sweeps most of the medium and low-end European vehicles, including FAW VW, SVW, DCAD, DPAD, SGM, medium and low-end models of BMW and Mercedes-Benz, while high-end vehicle models are shared by Boysen and Ebersp?cher.
- American companies include Tenneco and Katcon, mainly serving SGM. Joint ventures of Tenneco and Ebersp?cher occupy some medium and high-end vehicle models of FAW.
- Japanese companies include Sango, Futaba, Yutaka, Hirotec, Aisan and Clasonic. Sango and Futaba mainly serve Toyota, Yutaka supplies Honda, Hirotec for MAZDA, and Clasonic for Nissan.
- Sejong is the only South Korean company, monopolizing all models of Hyundai.
- Local companies take two ways, one is in-house, such as Chongqing Chang’an, BYD and Great Wall Motor; the other is through specialized enterprises, mainly including Wuxi Weifu Lida Catalytic Converter, Chongqing HITER Automotive Exhaust System, and Tianjin CATARC Auto Tech. In the field of commercial vehicles, local manufacturers and catalyst companies occupy a leading position, Shanghai BASF, Suzhou Umicore, Wuxi Weifu Lida Catalytic Converter and Sino-Platinum Metals take up most of the market.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1. Global Automotive Market
1.1 Global Automotive Market
1.2 Global Automotive Industry
2. Chinese Automotive Market
2.2 Recent Developments
2.2.1 Passenger Vehicle Market
2.2.2 Commercial Vehicle Market
2.3 Chinese Automotive Industry
3. Automotive Exhaust System
3.2 Three-Way Catalytic Converter
3.2.1 Ceramic Substrate
3.3 National Emission Standard IV for Diesel Exhaust System
3.4 Prospect of Global Emission Standards for Heavy-duty Diesel Vehicles
3.5 Timeline of Global Emission Standards
3.6 Development Trend of Exhaust System for Light-duty Vehicles
3.7 Development Trend of Exhaust System for Heavy-duty Vehicles
3.8 Forecast of Automotive Emission Regulations in China to 2020
4. Automotive Exhaust System Market
4.1 Global Automotive Exhaust System Market
4.2 Chinese Automotive Exhaust System Market
4.3 Global Automotive Exhaust System Industry
4.4 Chinese Automotive Exhaust System Industry
4.5 Major Sedan Three-way Catalyst or Exhaust System Suppliers in China
5. Automotive Exhaust System Vendors
5.1.1 Faurecia (Changchun) Exhaust System
5.1.2 Wuhan Faurecia Tongda Exhaust System
5.1.3 Faurecia Emission Control Technologies Yantai
5.2.1 Shanghai Tenneco Exhaust System
5.2.2 Tenneco Tongtai (Dalian) Exhaust System
5.2.3 Tenneco-Ebersp?cher (Dalian) Exhaust System
5.4.1 Arvin Sango
5.5 Futaba Industrial
5.5.1 Tianjin Shuang Shye Mechanical Industrial
5.5.2 Tianjin Futaba Shye Chan Mechanical Industrial
5.8.1 Chongqing Jin Feng Mechanical
5.8.2 Wuhan Jin Feng Mechanical
5.8.3 Foshan Fengfu Auto Parts
5.8.4 Foshan Yutaka Auto Parts
5.9 Sejong Industrial
5.9.1 Beijing Sejong Automobile Fittings
5.9.2 Yancheng Sejong Automobile Fittings
5.10 Baoding Yima Motor Vehicle Fitting
5.11 Chongqing HITER Environmental Protection Group
5.12 Katcon (Shanghai) Emission Control System
6. Ceramic Substrate and DPF Companies
6.1.1 NGK Ceramics Suzhou
6.2.1 Corning Shanghai
7. Catalyst Companies
7.1 Automotive Exhaust System Catalyst Industry
7.2 Johnson Matthey
7.6 Kunming Sino-Platinum Metals Catalyst
7.7 Wuxi Weifu Lida Catalytic Converter
List of TablesNA
List of FiguresNA
Nanocellulose Technology Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
Nanocellulose, available in the form of nanocrystalline cellulose (NCC), microfibrillated cellulose (MFC), nanofibrillated cellulose (NFC) and bacterial cellulose (BC) are widely used across different verticals including pharmaceuticals, cosmeceuticals, food, paint and paper industry. Its wide acceptability is because of its specific characteristics such as light weight, greater stiffness than Kevlar, non-toxicity, high tensile strength and ability to conduct electricity. Various applications include in the manufacturing of body armor for soldiers, screens, filter and...
Flame Resistant Fabrics Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
Flame resistant fabrics are materials which have special anti flammable properties. Flame resistant fabrics can be classified as inherent, hybrid and flame resistant treated fabrics. The key applications of flame resistant fabrics include firefighter apparel, military clothing, police uniforms, industrial work wear and motor racing apparel. New product innovations are required for more comfort fit, safety and mobility. Flame retardants are used to improve the anti flammability of the fabrics. Some of the key factors which are driving the flame resistant fabric market include...
Mobile Acceleration Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Mobile acceleration is a set of processes that help increase the speed with which applications can be accessed on a mobile phone. Mobile acceleration applications include online games and transactions. It offers improved user experience, reduction of complex features, and increased revenues. This technology is designed to speed up web content, mobile and network applications, and for streamlining the web. The market is spurred by increasing mobile gadget users, worldwide data consumption, and desktop users switching to mobile based platforms. The mobile acceleration market is...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
- Global and China Reading Chair Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Refer Table Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Positive PS plate developer powder Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Diethylene glycol diacrylate Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Printed sets of drugs Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- The Mobile Advertising (mAdvertising) Market: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts
- The Mobile Security (mSecurity) Bible: 2014 - 2020 - Device Security, Infrastructure Security & Security Services
- The NFV, SDN & Wireless Network Infrastructure Market: 2014 - 2020
- Global and China Ozone Generator Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Diazo -2,1,4 - salt Industry 2014 Market Research Report
Microsoft to Complete Nokia Purchase by April 25
Apr 23, 2014
The Microsoft-Nokia deal that made headlines when it was announced is finally on its way to being completed. This proves that even the most complex deals do culminate with time. This week, Microsoft announced that it would complete the purchase of a major part of Nokia’s hardware assets by Friday. The much discussed deal-though on the brink of completion-has witnessed some adjustments...
Top End Stereo Systems Maker Harman Targets Chinese Auto Market
Apr 22, 2014
Harman, the U.S.-based audio company that is best known as the provider of automobile stereos for top-end car models such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Ferrari, has said that it has signed agreements with two leading Chinese automakers—Chang’An and Geely. The company, that is associated with premium infotainment systems for leading auto makers, said that these new contracts...
Scientists Identify Cure for Dengue
Apr 18, 2014
In a breakthrough discovery that can change the way dengue is treated, scientists have identified a drug target for the deadly dengue viruses. This discovery may help pave the way for discovery of vaccines that can cure this condition that affects nearly 390 million people throughout the world each year. Scientists have used a new technique for this discovery to show that a region...
India is Facing a Cancer Crisis
Apr 15, 2014
India is currently facing a cancer crisis – reports a recent research carried out at the King’s college London, in collaboration with the Tata Memorial Cancer Centre, Mumbai. The reasons estimated for this crisis comprise of increasing rates of smoking, unequal access to proper treatment and belated diagnosis. Every year, India witnesses around one...
Microparticle Tags to Check Counterfeit Goods Invented
Apr 14, 2014
Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have invented a new set of microparticles that can easily be read by smartphones and establish the authenticity of currency, electronic items and luxury goods. This strategy is among those countless measures taken by big brands and companies to label their legitimate products in order to stop illegal copies of the...