Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles on trade mark owners and local operators. Brand volumes and market share are given by price segment, alcoholic strength and type. Consumption volumes are provided by pack mix (type, material, refill ability, pack size) and distribution channel (on- and off-premise). Other information includes market valuation/pricing data and new products are identified. All supported by market commentary.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The 2012 Germany Cider Market Insights report is a high level market research report on the German cider industry. Published by Canadean, this report provides an excellent way of gaining an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the market. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on cider market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The two segments - traditional, pure cider on the one hand and flavored/mixed cider on the other - showed completely different development. Traditional, pure cider stagnated whilst cider mixes increased their volume six-fold.What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Traditional, pure cider is mainly consumed in south-west Germany and above all in the Rhine-main region. It has a slightly dated image. In 2011, cider mixes gained significant volume as it became more innovative, taking inspiration from current cocktail- and mixed-beverages trends.What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Germany Cider Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the cider market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors.Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Germany cider market.
- This report provides readers with in-depth data on market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount; alcoholic strength; type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and selected company profiles.
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non- refillable. Market valuation data and selected pricing data are also included.
- Traditional, pure cider has a slightly dated image whilst cider mixes are more innovative, taking inspiration from current cocktail- and mixed-beverages trends.
- Premium product variants and cider mixes have, in particular, been successful in amplifying the consumer base without producing cannibalization effects. New products are actually attracting consumers that do not consume traditional cider.
- Cider mixes producers became more innovative in 2011, when they implemented current cocktail flavors in their cider products. The flavors are, however, expected to change according to current trends in the beverage industry.
- Imports play a minor role in the market as cider is considered to be a traditional German beverage and consumers prefer drinking cider from their region, with which they have a strong emotional bond.
- On-premise volumes of cider are significantly impacted by the weather conditions as the product is typically consumed in cider gardens.
- Traditional, pure cider stagnated whilst cider mixes increased their volume six-fold.
- There has been a very positive development in off-premise consumption, which recorded a growth of approaching 4%. New cider variants such as cider mixes entered modern retail quickly and thereby made their way to the homes of consumers.
- In recent years product innovations were launched to capture new consumer groups; sparkling cider variants are the newest trend. These variants are comparable to sparkling wine and target consumers who prefer a more sophisticated beverage with a more defined taste.
- Private Label holds a solid position in the German cider market, accounting for 11% of the category's volume. In 2011, Private Label performed slightly below the category and recorded an increase of just over 2%.
- New packaging entered the cider category as new products communicated their different positioning through their packaging.
Table of Content
Section 1 Market Update
- Market Size
- Market Value
- Distribution 2011
- Current and Emerging Trends
- Imports and Exports
- Top 10 Cider Brands Volume, 2009-2011
- Top 10 International Premium and Super premium Cider Brands Volume, 2009-2011
- Brand Analysis
- Private Label/Private Label Producers
- New Products Activity
- Section 2 Brewer Profiles
KELTEREI POSSMANN GmbH and Co KG
- Kelterei Possmann KG Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
- RAPP'S KELTEREI GmbH
- Rapp's Kelterei GmbH Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
KELTEREI HEIL OHG
- Kelterei Heil OHG Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
KELTEREI WILHELM HOEHL HOCHSTADT GmbH and Co KG
- Kelterei Wilhelm Hoehl Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
- Beer and Cider Attributes Definitions
- Product Definitions
- Packaging Definitions
List of Table
LEGISLATION AND TAXATION TABLES
- Table 1.2.1 Taxation Base
- Table 1.2.3 Legal Controls on Cider
- Table 1.3.1 Selected Consumer Cider Prices: Off-Premise, 2010-2012
- Table 1.3.2 Selected Consumer Cider Prices: On-Premise, 2010-2012
- Commercial Beverage Consumption per Capita Liters, 2001-2012F
- Commercial Beverage Consumption per Capita % Share, 2001-2012F
- Commercial Beverage Consumption per Capita Growth, 2001-2011
- Commercial Beverage Consumption Million Liters, 2001-2012F
- Alcoholic Beverage Consumption Liters of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2001-2012F
- Cider Production/Trade/Consumption Growth, 2005-2012F
- Consumption of FABs and Cider, 2001-2012F
- Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
- Cider Consumption by Local Definition, 2008-2012F.
- Cider Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2008-2012F
- Cider Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012F
- Cider Consumption by Type, 2008-2012F
- Cider Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2008-2012F
- Cider All Trademarks, 2007-2011
- Cider Brands by Local Definition, 2007-2011
- Cider Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2007-2011
- Cider Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2007-2011
- Cider Brands by Type, 2007-2011
- Cider Imported Brands by Origin, 2007-2011
- Cider Private Label Brands, 2007-2011
- Cider Trademark Owners, 2007-2011
- Cider Local Operators, 2007-2011
- Cider Leading Brewers/Importers, 2007-2011
- Cider Consumption by Pack Mix: Refill ability/Type/Pack/Size, 2008-2012F
- Cider Distribution: On vs. Off Premise, 2008-2012F
List of Chart
- Chart Leading Brewers/Importers, 2011
- Market Structure
- Cider Producers/Importers
- Chart Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2011
- Packaging Trends
- Chart Distribution by Channel, 2011
- Chart Consumption by Price Segment, 2011
- Market Valuation and Pricing
- Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
- Distribution Trends
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.