Food and Beverage Business Confidence Report Q1 2014
Published Date » 2014-02-13
No. Of Pages » 58
“Food and Beverage Business Confidence Report Q1 2014” is a new report by Canadean that globally analyzes industry opinions on the latest economic and consumer issues, and their impact upon investment decisions and growth prospects within the food and beverage industry. This report also examines the executive opinion about the current and future state of the economy and its retrospective effect on the industry. Furthermore, it analyses the likely effect of supplier price changes, sales performance, and staff headcount within the industry over the next six months. In addition, it provides an overview of the key priorities, threats, and opportunities for the global food and beverage industry over the next six months. Moreover, this report provides a comparative analysis of survey results with Q4 2013 wherever applicable.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from Canadean's exclusive panel of leading global food and beverage industry executives. The report analyzes current economic conditions prevailing across the globe and their impact on the food and beverage industry, and forecasts company and industry growth prospects over the next six months. Furthermore, it also provides information about the impact of consumer confidence, supplier prices, and staff headcount likely to affect the investment decisions of the industry over the next six months. Moreover, this report provides a comparative analysis of survey results with Q4 2013 wherever applicable.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Overall, 60% and 53% of respondents expressed a positive outlook for both company and industry growth prospects over the next six months, respectively.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
'Increasing sales', 'growing market share', and 'protecting market share' are the most preferred priorities by industry executives operating globally in Q1 2014. The most preferred priorities have remained the same in comparison to the Q4 2013 survey.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
“Food and Beverage Business Confidence Report Q1 2014” is a new report by Canadean that analyzes the industry sentiments globally on the latest economic and consumer issues and their impact upon investment decisions and growth prospects within the food and beverage industry. This report also examines the executive opinion about the current and future state of the economy and its retrospective effect on the industry. Furthermore, it analyses the likely effect of supplier price changes, sales performance, and staff headcount within the industry over the next six months. In addition, it provides an overview of the key priorities, threats, and opportunities for the global food and beverage industry over the next six months. Moreover, this report provides a comparative analysis of survey results with Q4 2013 wherever applicable.
Key Features and Benefits
- The report projects the current and future operating conditions of the food and beverage industry, and allows readers to make informed business decisions.
- The report drives revenues by understanding the present and future economic and consumer issues, including the key growth regions.
- Readers will be provided with a clear uncovering of the key challenges and opportunities, and identify the key priorities likely to affect the growth prospects of the industry.
- The report clearly forecasts the change in supplier prices of various products, which are likely to influence the industry's growth prospects over the next six months.
- Identifies the major changes in consumer confidence levels in the food and beverage industry over the next six months.
Key Market Issues
- Globally, 46% of respondents state that they are operating in a 'stable' economic environment, while 25% state that the current economic conditions are 'unfavorable'.
- Industry executives across the globe highlight the state of the global economy, and the performance of Eurozone, as key concerns over the next six months.
- Executives are more pessimistic about industry growth prospects in Q1 2014 compared to Q4 2013.
- Overall, 'increasing sales' is the most preferred priority by executives operating across all four regions over the next six months. The most preferred priority has remained unchanged from the Q4 2013 survey.
- Executives forecast that 'raw material' prices will rise by 2.9% over the next six months.
- Across the global food and beverage industry, executives operating in North America forecast the highest increase in staff hiring activities over the next six months. In Q4 2013, executives operating in the Rest of the World forecast the highest increase in staff hiring activities.
- An analysis of responses by global food and beverage industry executives reveals that Europe is forecast to witness the smallest sales growth of 2.3% over the next six months.
- Executives highlight 'rising raw material prices' as a key concern in Asia-Pacific that could impact company performance levels over the next six months.
- 'Social media strategy' and 'M&A's' will be the two areas where industry executives expect to increase expenditure the most over the next six months. In the Q4 2013 survey, executives highlighted 'new product development' and 'marketing' as key areas of investment.
- Increasing sales and growing market share are among the top short-term priorities for food and beverage industry executives globally.
List of TablesN/A
List of FiguresN/A
Zinc Oxide Pigments Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
Zinc oxide is an inorganic compound which is insoluble in water. Zinc oxide is widely used as an additive for pigments, glass, ceramics, plastic, paints, lubricants, adhesives & sealants, foods, etc. Zinc oxide pigments usually appear in two forms including powder and dust. Zinc oxide pigments have large number of applications in host of industries such as paint, pharmaceutical, electronic, agricultural, rubber industry, brick kilns, ceramic and glass compositions, chemical and metallurgical industries. Rubber industry has been one of the predominant end user industries for zinc...
Fuel Oil Market - Global Industry Size, Market Share, Trends, Analysis, And Forecasts 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
The global fuel oil market is rising owing to the growth in petrochemicals, transportation, and building materials industry segments. Demand for better quality fuel oil is on a rise as it enhances engine life and maximizes productivity. However, the high prices of crude oil are affecting the market by slowing down its growth rate. Volatility in crude oil prices and scarcity of the crude oil has forced various R&D centers across the globe to find out an alternative source of fuel oil to satisfy the growing demand. The transportation industry is the largest consumer of...
Wood Preservation Chemicals Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Wood is an essential building material and has several indoor and outdoor applications. Any attack by insects, fungus or bacteria can spoil the condition of the wood. Thus, wood preservation chemicals are used to ensure long lasting life and sustainability of woods in the face of the changing environment and bacterial or fungal attacks. There are several treatments and chemicals used for such preservation. The wood preservation chemical market has a bright future as it is growing at a high rate. The coming six years would see a boom in this market since wood is finding increasing...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
- Construction Sector in Russia H1 2014 Development Forecasts for 2014-2019
- Construction Sector in Hungary 2014 Development forecasts for 2014-2019
- Construction Sector in Slovenia 2014 Development Forecasts for 2014-2019
- Construction Sector in Bulgaria 2014 Development Forecasts for 2014-2019
- Non-public Hospitals Market in Poland 2014 Comparative Analysis by Voivodship and Development Prospects
- Retail in Russia 2014 - Regional focus. Market analysis and development forecasts for 2014-2019
- Global Umbilical Market: An Analysis (2013 - 2017)
- Global Stainless Steel Tube Market: Trends & Opportunities (2014-19)
- Global Graphene Market: Trends and opportunities (2014-2018)
- Shampoo, Conditioner and Hairstyling Products - US - April 2014
India is Facing a Cancer Crisis
Apr 15, 2014
India is currently facing a cancer crisis – reports a recent research carried out at the King’s college London, in collaboration with the Tata Memorial Cancer Centre, Mumbai. The reasons estimated for this crisis comprise of increasing rates of smoking, unequal access to proper treatment and belated diagnosis. Every year, India witnesses around one...
Microparticle Tags to Check Counterfeit Goods Invented
Apr 14, 2014
Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have invented a new set of microparticles that can easily be read by smartphones and establish the authenticity of currency, electronic items and luxury goods. This strategy is among those countless measures taken by big brands and companies to label their legitimate products in order to stop illegal copies of the...
USFDA Approves Lupins Generic Diabetic Drug
Apr 10, 2014
The United States Food and Drugs Administration (USFDA) has finally approved Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc (LPI), the American subsidiary of Indian drug manufacturers Lupin Ltd, to sell Pioglitazone Tablets in the U.S market. The approval has been granted first for fiscal 2015. Pioglitazone is a generic medicine used for managing diabetes and is a version of Actos tablets...
Infrared Sensors can Soon Be Used to Develop Night-Vision Lenses - A New Discovery Confirms
Apr 8, 2014
People who fear the dark may soon have a reason to rejoice – an infrared sensor that can eventually be used for mechanizing night-vision lenses has been developed. This effectively means that one can also see through dark with the help of these lenses. This technology seems possible all due to graphene, a layer of tightly packed carbon atoms that has allowed the creation of...
Ontarios thanks Sustainable Development Technology Canada for Clean Tech Ecosystem Movements
Apr 8, 2014
Sustainable Development Technology Canada has leveraged an extra $2.2 billion in funding from project partners that also includes global clean technology companies. Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is energizing and evolving the development and demonstration of a clean technology ecosystem. They are the vital contributors to the prominent concentration of clean...