Published by Canadean, the East Europe Carbonates Report 2012 provides a detailed analysis of the carbonated soft drinks market in East Europe, with data at a regional and individual country level, including forecasts to 2015
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The East Europe Carbonates Report 2012 is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in the carbonated soft drinks market and forms part of Canadean\'s best selling series of global soft drinks reports.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
East Europe carbonates consumption fell in 2011 after a successful 2010 performance.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The weather was very mixed throughout East Europe and poor summer weather lead to losses in some markets especially Russia which had a knock on effect for the rest of the region.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The report comprises of data tables and supporting text, providing information at a regional and country level. The report is compiled from Canadean\'s extensive global soft drinks databases which are researched individually by country using our specialist researchers \'on the ground\'. Comprising of 18 individual country profiles and a regional overview, the report provides an invaluable guide to the latest trends and forecasts in the carbonates category.
Key Features and Benefits
- Dataincludesconsumption volumes (million litres and litres per capita)from 2006 to 2011, plus forecasts to 2015 by country.
- Percentage market shares are provided for segmentation data, packaging data and distribution (2010 and 2011 actuals, plus 2012 forecasts).
- Leading companies\' market shares for 2010 and 2011 are provided.
- A market valuation is provided for eachcountry and, where applicable, new products in 2011 are identified by country.
- Supporting text includes commentary on current and emerging trends, segmentation, packaging, distribution, pricing/valuation and where applicable, functional products and private label.
Key Market Issues
- Serbia: Coca-Cola continued to shape the carbonates market. Its 125th anniversary followed by strong brand campaigns, PR events, together with permanent price promotions over the year created a positive trend.
- Hungary: Due to cost increases in resources such as PET resin and logistics, along with the implementation of the health tax off-premise channels experienced average price increases in the high single digits.
- Czech Republic: Prospects for the carbonates category remain on a downward trend as Czechs look to products with healthier attributes.
- Croatia: Despite declining buying power, the inroads of Private Label did not continue. Private Label endured a setback in 2011 and declined to 6% market share, being outperformed by notable discounts of major brands.
- Croatia: It is very likely that the performance of carbonates would have been even better, if the category had not faced strong competition from radler (beer mixes), launched in spring 2011, which gained instant popularity. It seems radler put severe pressure on carbonates especially in eating and drinking establishments, where carbonates consumption made only marginal gains in 2011.
- Most bottles are made of PET but the plastic\'s usage varies considerably by region, being highest in East Europe.
- East Europe is one of the regions with lower percentage share of cola flavor thanks to popularity of more localized tastes like kvass
- Bulgaria: The modern retail channel has expanded significantly over the past year, with retail chains opening a substantial number of new outlets and extending into medium sized towns.
- Czech Republic: A number of functional products have been launched since 2005 in line with the trend to increasing health awareness. These new products had some initial success but since 2009 added-value products lost appeal as consumers started to economize.
- Lithuania: Consumers were clearly switching from flavored to fermented kvass, perceived as a more natural and healthier beverage. Consumption of fermented kvass increased by 28%, increasing its carbonates market share from 7% in 2010 to close to 9% in 2011. While flavored kvass still generates larger volumes (11% of total carbonates volume), a drop of 8% was recorded.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Regional Summary - Carbonates Data Tables
Consumption (Million Litres) By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Litres per Capita Consumption By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
8oz Servings per Capita Consumption By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Consumption (Million Cases) By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Regular vs. Low Calorie, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Top Flavors, By Region/Country 2010 and 2012F
Share of Consumption by Top Packaging Materials, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Refillable vs. Non-Refillable, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Pack Mix: Single-Serve (<=60cl) vs. Multi-Serve(>60cl), By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Distribution: Off-Premise (Retail/At Home) vs. On-Premise (Away from Home), By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Table - Carbonates Key Facts
Market Size - Consumption Million Litres, Litres Per Capita, 2011
Growth - CAGR% 06-11, CAGR % 08-11, CAGR% 10-11
Market Value (at Consumer Price), Local Currency/US$, 2011
Segmentation - Regular/Low Calorie, % Market Share, 2011
Distribution - Off-Premise/On-Premise, % Market Share, 2011
Packaging - Material, % Market Share, 2011
Chart - Carbonates Leading Trademark Owners, 2011
Current and Emerging Trends
Private Label/Private Label Producers
Carbonates New Products and Photo Shots 2011
Consumption, Million Litres/Litres Per Capita, 2006-2015F
Consumption, Million Cases (192oz or 24x8oz), 2006-2015F
Segments: Flavor, Regular vs. Low Calorie, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Packaging: Material / Non-Refillable vs. Refillable / Multi Serve vs. Single Serve, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Distribution: Off-Premise vs. On-Premise, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Leading Companies, % Market Share, 2010-2011
EAST EUROPE: Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine.
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.