Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive Towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth
Published Date » 2014-02-06
No. Of Pages » N/A
GBI Research has released its pharma report “Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive Towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth.” The value of the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) market is expected to increase significantly in value over the forecast period across the leading eight developed nations, from $695.6 million in 2012 to almost $4.5 billion in 2019. This equates to a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 30.4%. Novel treatments with disease-modifying mechanisms of action are the primary factor driving the growth of the value of the market. The positive impact of new market entrants will offset the effects of key patent losses during the forecast period.
Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane conductance Regulators (CFTR) modulators are the first type of CF therapy to treat the root cause of the disease rather than the symptoms, and as a result, they offer patients improved relief and quality of life. Kalydeco (ivacaftor), which has been marketed since 2012, was the first CFTR modulator to reach the market, and despite only treating a small proportion of the CF population, it had a large impact on the value of the market. This effect will be repeated on a larger scale when lumacaftor and Ataluren (PTC124) enter the market, as these treatments can be used for a much larger proportion of the CF population. Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. are the developers of Kalydeco, lumacaftor and other early phase CFTR modulators, and are therefore expected to play a key role in the development of the future CF market.
- A disease introduction, which defines the disease, including symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
- An analysis of the CF marketed landscape, including a comparison of the efficacy and safety of the most prominent brands, as well as the unmet needs of CF treatment.
- A detailed analysis of the CF pipeline, detailing, among other parameters, drug distribution by phase, molecule type and mechanism of action. The CF clinical trial landscape is then analyzed, with a particular emphasis on failure rates across different trial phases as well as the trends in clinical trial size and duration. This section also includes profiles and single product forecasts for the most promising pipeline drugs.
- An epidemiological forecast of the major CF markets. The projected values include total and treated populations.
- An in-depth forecasting model for the CF market, which considers the current marketed therapies, in addition to the potential entry of new products into the market. The model consists of a projected outcome, with high and low variance results, depending on the potential performance of pipeline therapies.
- Analysis of strategic consolidations within the CF indication, including co-development and licensing agreements.
- An overview of the drivers and barriers for the CF market is also included
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the CF pipeline and the clinical needs it is addressing. In particular, the importance and benefits of CFTR modulators are highlighted and compared with symptomatic treatments.
- Develop their knowledge of key products that may enter the market before 2019. Detailed profiles of these products are provided, with a focus on their clinical trial performance, as well as how they can be incorporated into the CF treatment plan and what competition they face.
- Assess the risk associated with CF clinical trials compared with both industry and therapy area averages. In addition, in order to understand the trends in both trial size and duration according to mechanism of action or molecule type.
- Identify patterns of growth in the CF market over the forecast period and understand the underlying causes, as well as observing the contributions made by each major market to this growth.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.1 Disease Introduction
2.7 Assessment of Disease Severity
3 Marketed Products
3.2 Product Profiles
3.2.1 Pulmozyme (dornase alfa) – Genentech
3.2.2 Bronchitol (mannitol) – Pharmaxis
3.2.3 TOBI (tobramycin) – Novartis
3.2.4 TOBI Podhaler (tobramycin) – Novartis
3.2.5 Bramitob/Bethkis (tobramycin) – Chiesi Farmaceutici
3.2.6 Colobreathe (colistimethate sodium) – Forest Laboratories
3.2.7 Cayston (aztreonam) – Gilead Sciences
3.2.8 Kalydeco (ivacaftor) – Vertex Pharmaceuticals
3.2.9 Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Therapies
3.2.10 Other Successful Products
3.3 Heat Map of Marketed Products
4 Developmental Pipeline
4.2 Mechanisms of Action in the Pipeline
4.3 Clinical Trials
4.3.1 Failure Rate
4.3.2 Clinical Trial Duration
4.3.3 Clinical Trial Size
4.4 Promising Pipeline Molecules
4.4.1 Lumacaftor (VX809) – Vertex Pharmaceuticals
4.4.2 Ataluren (PTC124) – PTC Therapeutics
4.4.3 Aeroquin (levofloxacin) – Aptalis Pharma
4.4.4 Arikace (amikacin liposomal) – Insmed
4.4.5 Other Promising Molecules
4.5 Heat Map of Pipeline Products
5 Market Forecast to 2019
5.1 Geographical Markets
5.1.1 Global Markets
5.1.2 North America
5.1.3 Top Five EU Countries
5.2 Drivers and Barriers
6 Strategic Consolidations
6.1 Major Co-Development Deals
6.2 Major Licensing Deals
7.1.1 Marketed Product Heat Map References
7.1.2 Pipeline Product Heat Map References
7.2 Market Definition
7.6 Secondary Research
7.7 Therapeutic Landscape
7.8 Epidemiology-Based Forecasting
7.9 Market Size by Geography
7.10 Geographical Landscape
7.11 Pipeline Analysis
7.12 Competitive Landscape
7.12.1 Expert Panel Validation
7.13 Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Treatment Plan
Table 2: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Preclinical
Table 3: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Phase I
Table 4: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Phase II
Table 5: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Phase III
Table 6: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Pre-Registration
Table 7: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Undisclosed
Table 8: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 9: Cystic Fibrosis Market, US, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 10: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Canada, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 11: Cystic Fibrosis Market, UK, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 12: Cystic Fibrosis Market, France, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 13: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Germany, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 14: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Italy, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 15: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Spain, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
List of Figures
Figure 1: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Marketed, Heat Map
Figure 2: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Summary
Figure 3: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Mechanisms of Action
Figure 4: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Clinical Trial Failure Rate
Figure 5: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Trial Duration
Figure 6: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Trial Duration by Mechanism of Action
Figure 7: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Trial Size
Figure 8: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Trial Size by Mechanism of Action
Figure 9: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Promising Pipeline Products, Lumacaftor Forecast,
Figure 10: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Promising Pipeline Products, Ataluren Forecast,
Figure 11: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Promising Pipeline Products, Aeroquin Forecast,
Figure 12: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Promising Pipeline Products, Arikace Forecast,
Figure 13: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Heat Map
Figure 14: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Treatment Patterns, 2012–2019
Figure 15: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Market Size, 2012–2019
Figure 16: Cystic Fibrosis Market, North America, Treatment Patterns, 2012–2019
Figure 17: Cystic Fibrosis Market, North America, Annual Cost of Treatment, 2012–2019
Figure 18: Cystic Fibrosis Market, North America, Market Size, 2012–2019
Figure 19: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Top Five EU Countries, Treatment Patterns, 2012–2019
Figure 20: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Top Five EU Countries, Annual Cost of Treatment, 2012–2019
Figure 21: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Top Five EU Countries, Market Size, 2012–2019
Figure 22: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Major Co-developments by Region and Value, 2006–2013
Figure 23: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Major Co-development Deals by Year, 2006–2013
Figure 24: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Co-development Deals by Phase, 2006–2013
Figure 25: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Licensing Deals by Region, 2006–2013
Figure 26: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Licensing Deals by Year, 2006–2013
Figure 27: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Licensing Deals by Phase, 2006–2013
Figure 28: Forecasting Model for Therapeutic Areas
Yeast Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Yeast is one of the most commonly used microorganisms in the manufacturing of food and beverages. Yeast is used in the process of fermentation for its abilities in aiding carbon - release, imparting better aroma, taste, texture, and flavor to food. Yeast is considered as one of the most consistent fermenting agents in spite of various other chemical fermentation agents available in the market. The global yeast market by types can be segmented as global specialty yeast market, yeast extract market, autolyzed yeast market, supplement yeast market, and yeast...
Mobile Security Software Market - Global industry size, market share, trends, analysis, and forecasts 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Major drivers of the mobile security market are antivirus, e-mail spam blocking, and malware removal. Technological development in mobile security software and substantial research in this industry are contributing to the growth of this market. Today mobile phones are used as multipurpose devices, their exposure to various online and offline threats have increased significantly thus the need of MSS is rising day by day. This market is expected to witness tremendous growth in the coming years with the increasing number of mobile users and increasing awareness for...
Global Market for Marine Derived Drugs Market - Global Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Over 50% of the world’s most popular drugs are sourced directly or indirectly from natural sources. Pioneering research in marine based drug discovery began with Roche Research Institute of Marine Pharmacology during the mid 1970s. Tethya crypta a marine sponge was the first organism to be commercialized to produce drugs against HIV & Herpes. A small number of marine organisms primarily constituting of algae and other invertebrates have already been researched for commercial value in pharmaceuticals. Marine organisms have been found to be capable of providing...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
- Global and China Electronic Balance Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Mining Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Automotive Exterior LED Lighting Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Hybrid Batteries & Battery Material Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global Paints and Coatings Market Report: 2014 Edition
- Global and China Automotive turbochargers Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Automotive heating, ventilation and air conditioning Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Cryogenic Refrigerator Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Togo Mobile Telecommunications: MNOs to Improve Networks, MVNO Market Entries to Boost Competition
- Israel: Government Reforms Stimulate Fixed and Mobile Market Competition
Scientists Identify Cure for Dengue
Apr 18, 2014
In a breakthrough discovery that can change the way dengue is treated, scientists have identified a drug target for the deadly dengue viruses. This discovery may help pave the way for discovery of vaccines that can cure this condition that affects nearly 390 million people throughout the world each year. Scientists have used a new technique for this discovery to show that a region...
India is Facing a Cancer Crisis
Apr 15, 2014
India is currently facing a cancer crisis – reports a recent research carried out at the King’s college London, in collaboration with the Tata Memorial Cancer Centre, Mumbai. The reasons estimated for this crisis comprise of increasing rates of smoking, unequal access to proper treatment and belated diagnosis. Every year, India witnesses around one...
Microparticle Tags to Check Counterfeit Goods Invented
Apr 14, 2014
Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have invented a new set of microparticles that can easily be read by smartphones and establish the authenticity of currency, electronic items and luxury goods. This strategy is among those countless measures taken by big brands and companies to label their legitimate products in order to stop illegal copies of the...
USFDA Approves Lupins Generic Diabetic Drug
Apr 10, 2014
The United States Food and Drugs Administration (USFDA) has finally approved Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc (LPI), the American subsidiary of Indian drug manufacturers Lupin Ltd, to sell Pioglitazone Tablets in the U.S market. The approval has been granted first for fiscal 2015. Pioglitazone is a generic medicine used for managing diabetes and is a version of Actos tablets...
Infrared Sensors can Soon Be Used to Develop Night-Vision Lenses - A New Discovery Confirms
Apr 8, 2014
People who fear the dark may soon have a reason to rejoice – an infrared sensor that can eventually be used for mechanizing night-vision lenses has been developed. This effectively means that one can also see through dark with the help of these lenses. This technology seems possible all due to graphene, a layer of tightly packed carbon atoms that has allowed the creation of...