Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive Towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth
Published Date » 2014-02-06
No. Of Pages » N/A
GBI Research has released its pharma report “Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive Towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth.” The value of the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) market is expected to increase significantly in value over the forecast period across the leading eight developed nations, from $695.6 million in 2012 to almost $4.5 billion in 2019. This equates to a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 30.4%. Novel treatments with disease-modifying mechanisms of action are the primary factor driving the growth of the value of the market. The positive impact of new market entrants will offset the effects of key patent losses during the forecast period.
Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane conductance Regulators (CFTR) modulators are the first type of CF therapy to treat the root cause of the disease rather than the symptoms, and as a result, they offer patients improved relief and quality of life. Kalydeco (ivacaftor), which has been marketed since 2012, was the first CFTR modulator to reach the market, and despite only treating a small proportion of the CF population, it had a large impact on the value of the market. This effect will be repeated on a larger scale when lumacaftor and Ataluren (PTC124) enter the market, as these treatments can be used for a much larger proportion of the CF population. Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. are the developers of Kalydeco, lumacaftor and other early phase CFTR modulators, and are therefore expected to play a key role in the development of the future CF market.
- A disease introduction, which defines the disease, including symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
- An analysis of the CF marketed landscape, including a comparison of the efficacy and safety of the most prominent brands, as well as the unmet needs of CF treatment.
- A detailed analysis of the CF pipeline, detailing, among other parameters, drug distribution by phase, molecule type and mechanism of action. The CF clinical trial landscape is then analyzed, with a particular emphasis on failure rates across different trial phases as well as the trends in clinical trial size and duration. This section also includes profiles and single product forecasts for the most promising pipeline drugs.
- An epidemiological forecast of the major CF markets. The projected values include total and treated populations.
- An in-depth forecasting model for the CF market, which considers the current marketed therapies, in addition to the potential entry of new products into the market. The model consists of a projected outcome, with high and low variance results, depending on the potential performance of pipeline therapies.
- Analysis of strategic consolidations within the CF indication, including co-development and licensing agreements.
- An overview of the drivers and barriers for the CF market is also included
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the CF pipeline and the clinical needs it is addressing. In particular, the importance and benefits of CFTR modulators are highlighted and compared with symptomatic treatments.
- Develop their knowledge of key products that may enter the market before 2019. Detailed profiles of these products are provided, with a focus on their clinical trial performance, as well as how they can be incorporated into the CF treatment plan and what competition they face.
- Assess the risk associated with CF clinical trials compared with both industry and therapy area averages. In addition, in order to understand the trends in both trial size and duration according to mechanism of action or molecule type.
- Identify patterns of growth in the CF market over the forecast period and understand the underlying causes, as well as observing the contributions made by each major market to this growth.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.1 Disease Introduction
2.7 Assessment of Disease Severity
3 Marketed Products
3.2 Product Profiles
3.2.1 Pulmozyme (dornase alfa) – Genentech
3.2.2 Bronchitol (mannitol) – Pharmaxis
3.2.3 TOBI (tobramycin) – Novartis
3.2.4 TOBI Podhaler (tobramycin) – Novartis
3.2.5 Bramitob/Bethkis (tobramycin) – Chiesi Farmaceutici
3.2.6 Colobreathe (colistimethate sodium) – Forest Laboratories
3.2.7 Cayston (aztreonam) – Gilead Sciences
3.2.8 Kalydeco (ivacaftor) – Vertex Pharmaceuticals
3.2.9 Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Therapies
3.2.10 Other Successful Products
3.3 Heat Map of Marketed Products
4 Developmental Pipeline
4.2 Mechanisms of Action in the Pipeline
4.3 Clinical Trials
4.3.1 Failure Rate
4.3.2 Clinical Trial Duration
4.3.3 Clinical Trial Size
4.4 Promising Pipeline Molecules
4.4.1 Lumacaftor (VX809) – Vertex Pharmaceuticals
4.4.2 Ataluren (PTC124) – PTC Therapeutics
4.4.3 Aeroquin (levofloxacin) – Aptalis Pharma
4.4.4 Arikace (amikacin liposomal) – Insmed
4.4.5 Other Promising Molecules
4.5 Heat Map of Pipeline Products
5 Market Forecast to 2019
5.1 Geographical Markets
5.1.1 Global Markets
5.1.2 North America
5.1.3 Top Five EU Countries
5.2 Drivers and Barriers
6 Strategic Consolidations
6.1 Major Co-Development Deals
6.2 Major Licensing Deals
7.1.1 Marketed Product Heat Map References
7.1.2 Pipeline Product Heat Map References
7.2 Market Definition
7.6 Secondary Research
7.7 Therapeutic Landscape
7.8 Epidemiology-Based Forecasting
7.9 Market Size by Geography
7.10 Geographical Landscape
7.11 Pipeline Analysis
7.12 Competitive Landscape
7.12.1 Expert Panel Validation
7.13 Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Treatment Plan
Table 2: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Preclinical
Table 3: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Phase I
Table 4: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Phase II
Table 5: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Phase III
Table 6: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Pre-Registration
Table 7: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Undisclosed
Table 8: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 9: Cystic Fibrosis Market, US, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 10: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Canada, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 11: Cystic Fibrosis Market, UK, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 12: Cystic Fibrosis Market, France, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 13: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Germany, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 14: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Italy, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 15: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Spain, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
List of Figures
Figure 1: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Marketed, Heat Map
Figure 2: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Summary
Figure 3: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Mechanisms of Action
Figure 4: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Clinical Trial Failure Rate
Figure 5: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Trial Duration
Figure 6: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Trial Duration by Mechanism of Action
Figure 7: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Trial Size
Figure 8: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Trial Size by Mechanism of Action
Figure 9: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Promising Pipeline Products, Lumacaftor Forecast,
Figure 10: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Promising Pipeline Products, Ataluren Forecast,
Figure 11: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Promising Pipeline Products, Aeroquin Forecast,
Figure 12: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Promising Pipeline Products, Arikace Forecast,
Figure 13: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Heat Map
Figure 14: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Treatment Patterns, 2012–2019
Figure 15: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Market Size, 2012–2019
Figure 16: Cystic Fibrosis Market, North America, Treatment Patterns, 2012–2019
Figure 17: Cystic Fibrosis Market, North America, Annual Cost of Treatment, 2012–2019
Figure 18: Cystic Fibrosis Market, North America, Market Size, 2012–2019
Figure 19: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Top Five EU Countries, Treatment Patterns, 2012–2019
Figure 20: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Top Five EU Countries, Annual Cost of Treatment, 2012–2019
Figure 21: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Top Five EU Countries, Market Size, 2012–2019
Figure 22: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Major Co-developments by Region and Value, 2006–2013
Figure 23: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Major Co-development Deals by Year, 2006–2013
Figure 24: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Co-development Deals by Phase, 2006–2013
Figure 25: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Licensing Deals by Region, 2006–2013
Figure 26: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Licensing Deals by Year, 2006–2013
Figure 27: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Licensing Deals by Phase, 2006–2013
Figure 28: Forecasting Model for Therapeutic Areas
Biodiesels Market - Global Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Analysis, Growth And Forecasts 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
The limited availability of petroleum products and their swelling prices have led to the development of alternative fuels like biodiesel, biogas, and bioethanol. These alternative fuels have a number of advantages over conventional fuels. Biodiesel enhances engine life and unlike petrol, it does not pollute the air. With growing environmental concerns and increasing prices of petroleum, the biodiesel market is set to witness double digit growth in the near future. Governments of many countries are encouraging the use of biodiesels. Most countries have started blending...
Point of Care Diagnostics Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Point of care (POC) diagnostics comprises of diagnostic tests that are performed at the patient site. POC diagnostics provides fast results which in turn help in faster patient management. The present POC diagnostics market already sports a number of products with several new products in the development stage. The worldwide diagnostics market is experiencing an urgent need for inexpensive POC tests for the diagnosis of infectious diseases. Such tests are of significant help where the available laboratory capacity is limited. Development and introduction of new POC diagnostic...
Fetal Monitoring, Diagnostics And Predictive Tests Market - Global Forecast, Market Share, Size, Growth And Industry Analysis, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Fetal monitoring refers to the use of an instrument to record the pulse rate of a fetus during pregnancy. Post fetal monitoring discrepancies in the heartbeat of a fetus are observed and this monitoring data is later used for diagnostic purposes. The rising prevalence of cardio pulmonary diseases and the advent of technological advancements such as non invasive surgeries are some of the drivers of the market. Rising healthcare related expenditure in the emerging economies such as India, China, Brazil, and Mexico and the constantly improving medical infrastructure in...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
- Global and China Dental Implants Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Liquid Crystal Display Television Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Tail tank Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Positive Airway Pressure Devices Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Horizontal stabilizer Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Dental Biomaterial Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Auxiliary tank Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Alternate tank Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Dental Imaging Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Main tank Industry 2014 Market Research Report
India is Facing a Cancer Crisis
Apr 15, 2014
India is currently facing a cancer crisis – reports a recent research carried out at the King’s college London, in collaboration with the Tata Memorial Cancer Centre, Mumbai. The reasons estimated for this crisis comprise of increasing rates of smoking, unequal access to proper treatment and belated diagnosis. Every year, India witnesses around one...
Microparticle Tags to Check Counterfeit Goods Invented
Apr 14, 2014
Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have invented a new set of microparticles that can easily be read by smartphones and establish the authenticity of currency, electronic items and luxury goods. This strategy is among those countless measures taken by big brands and companies to label their legitimate products in order to stop illegal copies of the...
USFDA Approves Lupins Generic Diabetic Drug
Apr 10, 2014
The United States Food and Drugs Administration (USFDA) has finally approved Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc (LPI), the American subsidiary of Indian drug manufacturers Lupin Ltd, to sell Pioglitazone Tablets in the U.S market. The approval has been granted first for fiscal 2015. Pioglitazone is a generic medicine used for managing diabetes and is a version of Actos tablets...
Infrared Sensors can Soon Be Used to Develop Night-Vision Lenses - A New Discovery Confirms
Apr 8, 2014
People who fear the dark may soon have a reason to rejoice – an infrared sensor that can eventually be used for mechanizing night-vision lenses has been developed. This effectively means that one can also see through dark with the help of these lenses. This technology seems possible all due to graphene, a layer of tightly packed carbon atoms that has allowed the creation of...
Ontarios thanks Sustainable Development Technology Canada for Clean Tech Ecosystem Movements
Apr 8, 2014
Sustainable Development Technology Canada has leveraged an extra $2.2 billion in funding from project partners that also includes global clean technology companies. Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is energizing and evolving the development and demonstration of a clean technology ecosystem. They are the vital contributors to the prominent concentration of clean...