Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive Towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth
Published Date » 2014-02-06
No. Of Pages » N/A
GBI Research has released its pharma report “Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - CFTR Modulators Initiate Drive Towards Personalized Treatment and Market Growth.” The value of the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) market is expected to increase significantly in value over the forecast period across the leading eight developed nations, from $695.6 million in 2012 to almost $4.5 billion in 2019. This equates to a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 30.4%. Novel treatments with disease-modifying mechanisms of action are the primary factor driving the growth of the value of the market. The positive impact of new market entrants will offset the effects of key patent losses during the forecast period.
Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane conductance Regulators (CFTR) modulators are the first type of CF therapy to treat the root cause of the disease rather than the symptoms, and as a result, they offer patients improved relief and quality of life. Kalydeco (ivacaftor), which has been marketed since 2012, was the first CFTR modulator to reach the market, and despite only treating a small proportion of the CF population, it had a large impact on the value of the market. This effect will be repeated on a larger scale when lumacaftor and Ataluren (PTC124) enter the market, as these treatments can be used for a much larger proportion of the CF population. Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. are the developers of Kalydeco, lumacaftor and other early phase CFTR modulators, and are therefore expected to play a key role in the development of the future CF market.
- A disease introduction, which defines the disease, including symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
- An analysis of the CF marketed landscape, including a comparison of the efficacy and safety of the most prominent brands, as well as the unmet needs of CF treatment.
- A detailed analysis of the CF pipeline, detailing, among other parameters, drug distribution by phase, molecule type and mechanism of action. The CF clinical trial landscape is then analyzed, with a particular emphasis on failure rates across different trial phases as well as the trends in clinical trial size and duration. This section also includes profiles and single product forecasts for the most promising pipeline drugs.
- An epidemiological forecast of the major CF markets. The projected values include total and treated populations.
- An in-depth forecasting model for the CF market, which considers the current marketed therapies, in addition to the potential entry of new products into the market. The model consists of a projected outcome, with high and low variance results, depending on the potential performance of pipeline therapies.
- Analysis of strategic consolidations within the CF indication, including co-development and licensing agreements.
- An overview of the drivers and barriers for the CF market is also included
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the CF pipeline and the clinical needs it is addressing. In particular, the importance and benefits of CFTR modulators are highlighted and compared with symptomatic treatments.
- Develop their knowledge of key products that may enter the market before 2019. Detailed profiles of these products are provided, with a focus on their clinical trial performance, as well as how they can be incorporated into the CF treatment plan and what competition they face.
- Assess the risk associated with CF clinical trials compared with both industry and therapy area averages. In addition, in order to understand the trends in both trial size and duration according to mechanism of action or molecule type.
- Identify patterns of growth in the CF market over the forecast period and understand the underlying causes, as well as observing the contributions made by each major market to this growth.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.1 Disease Introduction
2.7 Assessment of Disease Severity
3 Marketed Products
3.2 Product Profiles
3.2.1 Pulmozyme (dornase alfa) – Genentech
3.2.2 Bronchitol (mannitol) – Pharmaxis
3.2.3 TOBI (tobramycin) – Novartis
3.2.4 TOBI Podhaler (tobramycin) – Novartis
3.2.5 Bramitob/Bethkis (tobramycin) – Chiesi Farmaceutici
3.2.6 Colobreathe (colistimethate sodium) – Forest Laboratories
3.2.7 Cayston (aztreonam) – Gilead Sciences
3.2.8 Kalydeco (ivacaftor) – Vertex Pharmaceuticals
3.2.9 Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Therapies
3.2.10 Other Successful Products
3.3 Heat Map of Marketed Products
4 Developmental Pipeline
4.2 Mechanisms of Action in the Pipeline
4.3 Clinical Trials
4.3.1 Failure Rate
4.3.2 Clinical Trial Duration
4.3.3 Clinical Trial Size
4.4 Promising Pipeline Molecules
4.4.1 Lumacaftor (VX809) – Vertex Pharmaceuticals
4.4.2 Ataluren (PTC124) – PTC Therapeutics
4.4.3 Aeroquin (levofloxacin) – Aptalis Pharma
4.4.4 Arikace (amikacin liposomal) – Insmed
4.4.5 Other Promising Molecules
4.5 Heat Map of Pipeline Products
5 Market Forecast to 2019
5.1 Geographical Markets
5.1.1 Global Markets
5.1.2 North America
5.1.3 Top Five EU Countries
5.2 Drivers and Barriers
6 Strategic Consolidations
6.1 Major Co-Development Deals
6.2 Major Licensing Deals
7.1.1 Marketed Product Heat Map References
7.1.2 Pipeline Product Heat Map References
7.2 Market Definition
7.6 Secondary Research
7.7 Therapeutic Landscape
7.8 Epidemiology-Based Forecasting
7.9 Market Size by Geography
7.10 Geographical Landscape
7.11 Pipeline Analysis
7.12 Competitive Landscape
7.12.1 Expert Panel Validation
7.13 Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Treatment Plan
Table 2: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Preclinical
Table 3: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Phase I
Table 4: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Phase II
Table 5: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Phase III
Table 6: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Pre-Registration
Table 7: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Undisclosed
Table 8: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 9: Cystic Fibrosis Market, US, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 10: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Canada, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 11: Cystic Fibrosis Market, UK, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 12: Cystic Fibrosis Market, France, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 13: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Germany, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 14: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Italy, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
Table 15: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Spain, Market Forecast, 2012-2019
List of Figures
Figure 1: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Marketed, Heat Map
Figure 2: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Summary
Figure 3: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Mechanisms of Action
Figure 4: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Clinical Trial Failure Rate
Figure 5: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Trial Duration
Figure 6: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Trial Duration by Mechanism of Action
Figure 7: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Trial Size
Figure 8: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Trial Size by Mechanism of Action
Figure 9: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Promising Pipeline Products, Lumacaftor Forecast,
Figure 10: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Promising Pipeline Products, Ataluren Forecast,
Figure 11: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline Promising Pipeline Products, Aeroquin Forecast,
Figure 12: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Promising Pipeline Products, Arikace Forecast,
Figure 13: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Pipeline, Heat Map
Figure 14: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Treatment Patterns, 2012–2019
Figure 15: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Market Size, 2012–2019
Figure 16: Cystic Fibrosis Market, North America, Treatment Patterns, 2012–2019
Figure 17: Cystic Fibrosis Market, North America, Annual Cost of Treatment, 2012–2019
Figure 18: Cystic Fibrosis Market, North America, Market Size, 2012–2019
Figure 19: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Top Five EU Countries, Treatment Patterns, 2012–2019
Figure 20: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Top Five EU Countries, Annual Cost of Treatment, 2012–2019
Figure 21: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Top Five EU Countries, Market Size, 2012–2019
Figure 22: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Major Co-developments by Region and Value, 2006–2013
Figure 23: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Major Co-development Deals by Year, 2006–2013
Figure 24: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Co-development Deals by Phase, 2006–2013
Figure 25: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Licensing Deals by Region, 2006–2013
Figure 26: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Licensing Deals by Year, 2006–2013
Figure 27: Cystic Fibrosis Market, Global, Licensing Deals by Phase, 2006–2013
Figure 28: Forecasting Model for Therapeutic Areas
Solar Thermal Collectors Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
A collector which is designed to tap the thermal energy given out by the sun is called a solar thermal collector. Solar thermal collectors are mainly categorized as concentrating and non-concentrating. They can come in various sizes and are made up of various materials, depending on the purpose for which they are installed. Solar thermal collectors can be found in households, laboratories, research and development facilities, commercial buildings and industries. The main application of solar thermal collectors is the manufacture of electricity. For domestic purposes, it is used for heating...
Biomarkers Market - Global Industry Size, Market Share, Trends, Analysis And Forecasts 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
A biomarker is a gene, molecule or characteristics, by which pathogenic processes, biological processes or pharmacologic response can be evaluated or measured. They are classified on the basis of their application in different medical processes. These biomarkers help effectively in clinical decision making and thus help in diagnosing the health of a patient. In the present scenario, biomarkers are extensively used in the treatment of diseases such as cancer. The worldwide market of biomarkers is increasing tremendously due to its popularity and wide use in different...
Human Reproductive Technologies Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
Human reproductive technologies are used to conceive pregnancy by means of artificial or partially artificial medical procedures. These technologies are primarily used in infertility treatments. Reproductive technologies involve collecting and storing sperm and eggs below 0°C for artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization. The global human reproductive technologies market is categorized as: Technologies Assisted reproductive technology Contraception Prognostics Others Application Therapeutics...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
Alternative Payment Method
- Global and China Paper Coating Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Motherboards Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Antidotes Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Keyboard Covers Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Trialkyl Amine Chloride Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Automotive Electronic Braking Systems Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Plastic Coating Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Hexadecyl/Octadecyl Dimethyl Tertiary Amine Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Disinfectant and Preservatives Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Road Marking Paint Industry 2014 Market Research Report
US Chipmaker Freescale Loses 20 Employees Onboard Malaysian Airlines Flight
Mar 10, 2014
American chipmaker Freescale Semiconductor has said that 20 of its employees were travelling in the Malaysian Airlines flight that disappeared off the coast of Vietnam. A company spokesperson said that these employees were engaged in sophisticated work at Freescale. The airplane had 239 passengers on board MH370. While most of these engineers from Freescale were engineers, the others were...
Global Concerns Rise over the Discovery of Four New Man-Made Ozone-Damaging Chemicals in the Upper Atmosphere
Mar 10, 2014
A new study reports the discovery of four new man-made chemicals with the capability of destroying the ozone layer in the upper atmosphere. If the concentrations of these chemicals keep increasing in the atmosphere, the current rate of recovery of the ozone hole may also hamper. Ever since an international treaty, called the Montreal Protocol, was created in the year 1989 to...
Solar Power Generation Reaches Record High in the U.S. in 2013
Mar 6, 2014
Solar power accounted for an even larger share in the total volume of electricity generated in the United Sates in 2013. According to a latest report published by the Solar Energy Industries Association along with GTM Research suggests that this form of energy is increasingly becoming a part of the main stream U.S. power grid. So, it is not surprising that the production of solar...
Reynolds focus on Lorillard tobacco bid
Mar 5, 2014
U.S. tobacco giant - Reynolds American has stated a bid for its biggest rival Lorillard in the market. This bid has set quakes on the global tobacco market that is already being remodeled by declining smoking rates and growth of electronic cigarettes. Lorillard shares closed at 9.3 percent at $53.61 early Monday, giving a market value of $19.6bn. Reynolds bid could not be fairly...
Ecommerce to be New Growth Driver in Chinese Economy
Mar 4, 2014
Chinese ecommerce companies are set to make it big in the coming years with the market for ecommerce in China likely to grow to a whopping value of USD 8.17 trillion by 2020. This is what the vice-president of Alibaba estimates. China has largely been an export oriented society and it is online retail that is currently enabling the country to make a shift from this status. The...