Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) is a type of blood cancer caused by uncontrolled growth of the cells in bone marrow. CML is a type of myeloproliferative disease which is characterized by the chromosomal translocation. Patients suffering from CML show increased susceptibility to infections, thrombocytopenia, anemia and may also have enlarged spleen which causes pain on the left side. Incidence rate of CML is high in men and is the second most common type of cancer occurring in male adults. Women who are above 50 years in age are expected to suffer from this chronic disease. Treatment for CML depends on the phase of the disease that can be chronic, accelerated or the blast phase and the treatments for CML include chemotherapy, stem cell transplants and biologic therapies. Drugs available in the market are tyrosine Kinase inhibitor.
About 90% of the CML cases occur in the middle age and progresses with the aging. Therefore, CML drugs market is poised to grow with the rise in aging population and increasing incidences of CML. Drugs such as Gleevec (Imatinib Mesylate), Bosulif (Bosutinib), Sprycel (Dasatinib), Iclusig (Ponatinib Hydrochloride) and others are commercially available for the treatment of CML. These drugs have improved the survival rate of the patient by 92.5%. Gleevec was the first CML drug introduced in 2001, since then there has been a revolutionary change in the quality life of patient as compared to the former chemotherapy drugs.
One of the major risk factor associated with occurrence of CML is the exposure to ionizing radiations. For instance cases of CML were mainly indicated in the regions where people were exposed to atomic bombings (Hiroshima and Nagasaki). Recently in 2012, Ponatinib received FDA approval for the treatment of CML. Further, players in the market are adopting various growth strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, new product launches, innovative product pipeline to remain competitive. Some of the market players in this industry are Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Ariad Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Pfizer and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.