The market for baby food in Indonesia remains extremely underdeveloped despite the large potential consumer base. The number of live births has been falling: a drop of 10% has occurred between 2006 and 2016. The birth rate has also been declining consistently. Despite some progress, Indonesias economy is less developed than that of most other Southeast Asian countries, and poverty levels are still high. Over the next six years, the market for baby food in Indonesia is forecast to grow by 57.5% in value. Volume growth is likely to be quite restrained, given the continuing decline in births and the move towards breastfeeding, with consumption expected to increase by 5.7% by 2022.
- Since 2010, the baby food market in Indonesia has grown by 79% in value terms and by 8.2% in volume terms.
- Baby milks continue to dominate, and accounted for 92% of value sales in 2016, leaving little room for other types of baby food. Cereals claim 7% of retail sales, while other baby foods represent only 0.4% of value sales.
- Nestl has a substantial lead in the market as a whole, and also in baby milks. In 2016, Nestl holds 36%, compared to a combined 29% share for Danones two businesses, Sari Husada and Nutricia. In third place is Kalbe Farma.
- The majority of baby food is distributed through food outlets, with supermarkets and hypermarkets taking 70% of baby milk volumes in 2016, and 79% of other baby food sales.
Baby Food in Indonesia is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Indonesia market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Table of Contents
Background to the Market
Birth and population trends
Births Birth rates by region
Baby meals & Others
Production and trade
PT Nestl Indonesia
PT Kalbe Farma PT Sanghiang Perkasa
PT Frisian Flag Indonesia
PT Indofood Sukses Makmur
Baby food retiailing
Key macro-economic forecasts
Prospects and forecasts
Birth and population projections
Additional data tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Birth & Population Trends, 2006-2016
Table 2: Population & Fertility Rate by Region, 2012
Table 3: Selected Socio-Economic Indicators, 2010-2016
Table 4: Major Cities and Population, 2016
Table 5: Marriage and Divorce Trends, 2012-2015
Table 6: Number of Women of Childbearing Age by Age Group, 2010 & 2015
Table 7: Female Employment Trends, 2012-2016
Table 8: Women in Employment by Age Group, 2016
Table 9: Breastfeeding Rates, 2007 & 2012
Table 10: Breastfeeding Duration by Socio-Economic Status, 2012
Table 11: Infant Feeding Patterns, %, 2007 & 2012
Table 12: Type of Food Eaten by Babies, 2002-2007
Table 13: Type of Food Eaten by Babies, by Age Group, 2012
Table 14: Consumption of Infant Formula by Age of Baby, 2012
Table 15: Market Size, 2016, & Growth Rates, 20102016
Table 16: Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares, Value , %, 20102016
Table 17: Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares by Sector, % Value, 2016
Table 18: Projected Market Size, 2022, & Growth Rates, 20162022
Table 19: Baby Milks: Sector Segmentation, Volume, %, 2010-2016
Table 20: Baby Milks: Segmentation by Price Positioning, 2010-2016
Table 21: Baby Milks: Brand Price Positioning Analysis, 2016
Table 22: Powdered Milk Facings, by Pack Size, 2016
Table 23: Baby Milks: Manufacturer Shares, 2010-2016
Table 24: First & Second Stage Baby Milks: Manufacturer Shares, 2010-2016
Table 25: Growing-Up Baby Milks: Manufacturer Shares, 2010-2016
Table 26: Cereals & Dry Meals, Prices, 2016
Table 27: Baby Cereals & Dry Meals: Manufacturer Shares, Value & Volume %, 2010-2016
Table 28: Wet Baby Meals & Others: Segmentation by Type, 2010-2016
Table 29: Wet Savory Meals, Prices, 2016
Table 30: Wet Sweet Meals, Prices, 2016
Table 31: Finger Foods, Prices, 2016
Table 32: Packaged Food Sales by Channel, Rp Billion, 20092015
Table 33: Baby Food: Sales by Outlet Type, % Volume, 2010-2016
Table 34: Economic Indicators, 20102017
Table 35: Key Macroeconomic Forecasts 20162022
Table 36: Birth & Population Projections, 20102022
Table 37: Baby Population, Number of Babies (000), 20052022
Table 38: Baby Food: Market Value, Current Prices, 20102016
Table 39: Baby Food: Market Value, Constant Prices, 20102016
Table 40: Baby Food: Market Value, US$ Million, 20102016
Table 41: Baby Food: Market Volume, Tons, 20102016
Table 42: Baby Food: Per Capita Expenditure, Current Prices, 20102016
Table 43: Baby Food: Per Capita Expenditure, Constant Prices, 20102016
Table 44: Baby Food: Per Capita Expenditure, US Dollors, 20102016
Table 45: Baby Food: Per Capita Consumption, Grams, 20102016
Table 46: Baby Milks: Sector Trends, 20102016
Table 47: Baby Milks: Sector Segmentation, Volume, %, 2010-2016
Table 48: Baby Milks: Sector Segmentation, Value, %, 2010-2016
Table 49: Baby Milks: Brand Price Analysis, 2016
Table 50: Cereals & Dry Meals: Sector Trends, 20102016
Table 51: Meals & Others : Sector Trends, 20102016
Table 52: Imports of Milks & Cereals by Country of Origin, Volume, 2010-2014
Table 53: Imports of Milks & Cereals by Country of Origin, Value, 2010-2014
Table 54: Exports of Milks & Cereals by Country of Destination, Volume, 2010-2014
Table 55: Exports of Milks & Cereals by Country of Destination, Value, 2010-2014
Table 56: Exports of Other Baby Food, 2009-2014
Table 57: Baby Food: Market Value Forecasts, Current Prices, 20162022
Table 58: Baby Food: Market Value Forecasts, Constant Prices, 20162022
Table 59: Baby Food: Market Value Forecasts, US Dollar Million, 20162022
Table 60: Baby Food: Market Volume Forecasts, Tons, 20162022
Table 61: Baby Food: Per Capita Expenditure, Current Prices, 20162022
Table 62: Baby Food: Per Capita Expenditure, Constant Prices, 20162022
Table 63: Baby Food: Per Capita Expenditure, US Dollars, 20162022
Table 64: Baby Food: Per Capita Consumption, Grams, 20162022
Table 65: Baby Food: Facings Allocation by Product Type
List of Figures
Figure 1: Baby Food: Market Size, 2010-2016
Figure 2: Baby Food: Market Segmentation, 2016
Figure 3: Baby Food: Per Capita, 20-2016
Figure 4: Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares, % Value, 2016
Figure 5: Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares by Sector, % Value, 2016
Figure 6: Baby Milks: Sector Trends, 2010-2016
Figure 7: Baby Milks: Per Capita Expenditure & Consumption, 2010-2016
Figure 8: Baby Cereals & Dry Meals: Sector Trends, 2010-2016
Figure 9: Baby Cereals & Dry Meals: Per Capita Expenditure & Consumption, 2010-2016
Figure 10: Wet Baby Meals: Sector Trends, 2010-2016
Figure 11: Wet Baby Meals: Per Capita Expenditure & Consumption, 2010-2016
Figure 12: Milk & Cereals : Country of Origin, Top Five, % Volume, 2014
Figure 13: Milk & Cereals : Country of Destination, Top Three, % Volume, 2014
Figure 14: Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares, Value %, 2016
Figure 15: Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares, Volume %, 2016
Figure 16: Baby Food: Market Size, 2016-2022
Figure 17: Baby Food: Market Segmentation, 2022
Figure 18: Baby Food: Per Capita, 2016-2022
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.