Published by Canadean, the Asia Carbonates Report 2012 provides a detailed analysis of the carbonated soft drinks market in Asia, with data at a regional and individual country level, including forecasts to 2015
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The Asia Carbonates Report 2012 is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in the carbonated soft drinks market and forms part of Canadean\'s best selling series of global soft drinks reports.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Glass has a relatively high presence in the less developed markets of Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. A high proportion is refillable. Refillable packs are, consequentially, most prevalent in these regions
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
In China consumer health awareness increases the trend towards other non-carbonated rtd drinks with a healthy image is growing
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The report comprises of data tables and supporting text, providing information at a regional and country level. The report is compiled from Canadean\'s extensive global soft drinks databases which are researched individually by country using our specialist researchers \'on the ground\'. Comprising of 14 individual country profiles and a regional overview, the report provides an invaluable guide to the latest trends and forecasts in the carbonates category.
Key Features and Benefits
- Dataincludesconsumption volumes (million litres and litres per capita)from 2006 to 2011, plus forecasts to 2015 by country.
- Percentage market shares are provided for segmentation data, packaging data and distribution (2010 and 2011 actuals, plus 2012 forecasts).
- Leading companies\' market shares for 2010 and 2011 are provided.
- A market valuation is provided for eachcountry and, where applicable, new products in 2011 are identified by country.
- Supporting text includes commentary on current and emerging trends, segmentation, packaging, distribution, pricing/valuation and where applicable, functional products and private label.
Key Market Issues
- In China low calorie lost momentum as the two major players (Coca-Cola and PepsiCo) have not promoted it as heavily as before
- The hot summer weather in Hong Kong was one of the main driving forces for the rise
- Indonesia: In terms of segmentation, carbonates are still mostly aimed at the young generation. Players are aware that older people consume fewer carbonated drinks due to health considerations, whilst teenagers are likely to choose more widely and have no preference for one specific category.
- Japan: Private Label carbonates under performed in 2011. This was mainly due to consumer preference for branded carbonates, perceiving these to have better quality and taste.
- Japan: Vending (the largest channel within on-premise) lost volume, affected by electricity saving after the earthquake and the disadvantage of price competition against supermarkets. QSR
- At marginally below 9 litres, Asia has the lowest consumption rate but was once again the best performing region last year with volume growth of almost 5% thereby adding 1.6 bn litres to overall incremental volume
- Though relatively outstanding, the rate of volume increase achieved by Asia was actually one percent below 2010. The annual level of growth being achieved is reducing over time and consequentially so are the additional carbonates sales being created in the region
- In India, Major companies are constantly reducing the weight of PET bottles and in 2011 this was driven by the shift to smaller necks. In general the refillable glass portion packs are giving way to larger sized PET packs.
- Malaysia: Zesta by FandN attempted to create a new segment with the \'enhanced soft drinks\' statement that claim to invigorate the body and mind which is attributed to the guarana in the drink.
- Vietnam: Overall, the price of carbonates increased by 28% in 2011, which was remarkable and partly due to the high inflationary effects of the economy in general. Most competitors only increased its prices in sale seasons such as Lunar New Year or in the hot season but then soon reduced the price afterwards to retain its market share and standing.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Regional Summary - Carbonates Data Tables
Consumption (Million Litres) By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Litres per Capita Consumption By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
8oz Servings per Capita Consumption By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Consumption (Million Cases) By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Regular vs. Low Calorie, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Top Flavors, By Region/Country 2010 and 2012F
Share of Consumption by Top Packaging Materials, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Refillable vs. Non-Refillable, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Pack Mix: Single-Serve (<=60cl) vs. Multi-Serve(>60cl), By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Distribution: Off-Premise (Retail/At Home) vs. On-Premise (Away from Home), By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Table - Carbonates Key Facts
Market Size - Consumption Million Litres, Litres Per Capita, 2011
Growth - CAGR% 06-11, CAGR % 08-11, CAGR% 10-11
Market Value (at Consumer Price), Local Currency/US$, 2011
Segmentation - Regular/Low Calorie, % Market Share, 2011
Distribution - Off-Premise/On-Premise, % Market Share, 2011
Packaging - Material, % Market Share, 2011
Chart - Carbonates Leading Trademark Owners, 2011
Current and Emerging Trends
Private Label/Private Label Producers
Carbonates New Products and Photo Shots 2011
Consumption, Million Litres/Litres Per Capita, 2006-2015F
Consumption, Million Cases (192oz or 24x8oz), 2006-2015F
Segments: Flavor, Regular vs. Low Calorie, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Packaging: Material / Non-Refillable vs. Refillable / Multi Serve vs. Single Serve, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Distribution: Off-Premise vs. On-Premise, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Leading Companies, % Market Share, 2010-2011
ASIA: China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.