Published on : Feb 05, 2016
The global water purifiers market is projected to expand significantly in the coming few years. It is expected that by 2023, the global water purifiers market will be double in value as compared to its 2014 value.
Water purification is high in demand, particularly in developing regions of Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Let us look at the key factors driving the growth of the global water purifiers market.
- Expanding Population: The rapid population expansion has resulted in a high demand for potable water. Furthermore, the expanding population has also led to a high amount of water pollution in urban areas, driving the demand for water purifiers.
- Rising Industrialization: Due to the growing number of industries, the amount of waste water being dumped into rivers has too increased by leaps and bounds. This calls for water purifiers that can be used to treat this waste water.
- Unevenness of Fresh Water Availability: The availability of fresh water is quite uneven in the world. In the Middle East, this is more pronounced. Hence, the demand for desalination water purifying systems is on the rise in this region.
- Demand for Recycling: As 20% of the water is consumed by the industrial sector, and industries are affected massively during the water crisis, the demand for water recycling in industries has gone up. This is fuelling the overall water purifiers market.
- Consumer Awareness: The growing importance and awareness among consumers of water purification systems is also benefiting the market. By technology, the global water purifiers market is segmented into RO purifier, gravity purifier, and UV purifier.
- Expanding Construction Activity: The increasing construction activity in both residential and commercial sectors have also led to an increased demand for water purifiers around the world.
- Rising Innovation: The global water purifiers market has been driven by the innovation in the past few years and will continue to drive it even in the future. Presently, many researchers have come up with low-cost and highly-efficient water purifiers that are driving sales in the global water purifiers market.
These were the key trends that will drive the global water purifiers market. It is projected that Asia Pacific will lead the global water purifiers market in the coming few years.